Mugello Madness

General Biker Banter
simon t

Mugello Madness

Post by simon t »

Tim and Pete will be back in the UK soon, so expect a complete update on the highs and lows of their Big Adventure. I got to join in for a while thanks to a free ticket courtesy of Dave and his knackered shoulder. Going to a MotoGP wouldn't normally be on my radar, so a BIG cheer and get well soon to the Zipper.

Well it certainly was an 'experience'! An excuse for a three-day party apparently, in which the racing seemed amost incidental. And of course once they'd lost their beloved Vale for many of them it WAS an irrelevance. Which was even more reason to party harder and make LOTS of noise at 2.00 in the morning. Anyway, us sedate Brits did get to see some fine racing and some VERY fine grid girlies.

Post-race we set off for Pisa for the obligatory photo of the Tower, then up the coast on Europe's only indoor motorway - more tunnels than daylight. It was in one of these, whilst Giving It Some, that I discovered that 130mph and hard luggage don't fit. I suddenly got a massive high-speed weave which didn't go when I throttled back and nearly saw me in the wall. Lesson learned, nearly the hard way, I was a lot more sedate after that.

We overnighted in Grasse, happy to be back in France, at an Ibis which does special biker rates. Next day was a blast through beautiful countryside to the Gorges de Verdon, then more great roads back to mine. Next day I saw them off on their way to Millau with a quick blat down one of my local gorges. We've got the Tour de France coming through next month so they'd kindly laid lots of lovely new blacktop for our entertainment.

I suspect plans are already afoot for next year, with the emphasis on having a base (eg Chauvac) dumping the luggage (please) then enjoying some great roads. Anyone else up for it?

Right, that's it from me, I'll leave the full story to the other two.
Jbrebel

Re: Mugello Madness

Post by Jbrebel »

Sounds ace...I'd have loved to have made it this year but no way could I commit.

Can't wait to here what Tim and Pete have to say-sounds like you had a top time Simon (despite the bike-luggage-wall incident 8O) I've heard about the Italians and Mugello many times before...lots of Peroni, chainsaw engines revving and general stupidity at unholy hours... :thumbup: :lol:

Sounds like Mugello 2010 was no different :lol:
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Mugello Madness

Post by Pete.L »

What can I Say Simon but Thankyou,
Thankyou for showing us your not so tiny slice of heaven :thumbup: It's a beautiful part of the countryside and descriptions didn't do it the justice of seeing it.
Loved every minute, what can I say. Give my thanks to Haze for making us feel so welcome and shake ragga at the dog one more time for me :wave:
All the Best
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal