Hey All

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
YellaThrobber

Hey All

Post by YellaThrobber »

Hi All

I just wanted to pop my head round the door and say hi! I've had a Storm (the yella fast one) for a couple of years and absolutely love the hooligan.

I initially had a Bandit, which was fun, but it was more like riding a 7 year old with ADHD and I wanted something a bit quicker, stable and fun, yet wouldn't leave me with a permanent damage to the nads if I rode for more than 200 miles. Also, I absolutely love the sound of the engine, the twin is sooo cool, it's like someone strapped a Spitfire onto two wheels!

I'm looking to add some new stuff to the ol' throbber; forks, suspension, exhaust etc and you guys and gals seem to know your way around so I hope to be picking your brains later.

Anyway, cheers and see ya soon.

Drew
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Hey All

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

:wave: & welcome

I too have a yellow one so when you get a mo, stick up some pics of your bike for us to take a look at :-) Enjoy the forum as the guys are reallt really well in the knowledge and this is definately the place to be.. :clap:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

YellaThrobber wrote:Hi All

I just wanted to pop my head round the door and say hi! I've had a Storm (the yella fast one) for a couple of years and absolutely love the hooligan.

I initially had a Bandit, which was fun, but it was more like riding a 7 year old with ADHD and I wanted something a bit quicker, stable and fun, yet wouldn't leave me with a permanent damage to the nads if I rode for more than 200 miles. Also, I absolutely love the sound of the engine, the twin is sooo cool, it's like someone strapped a Spitfire onto two wheels!

I'm looking to add some new stuff to the ol' throbber; forks, suspension, exhaust etc and you guys and gals seem to know your way around so I hope to be picking your brains later.

Anyway, cheers and see ya soon.

Drew
More stable and faster than a Bandit ?...... fek me ,weve fell oot already :evil:
:lol: Welcome matey ,enjoy yourself here ,loads of info for all things 'storm ,decent bunch of guys.....and girls :thumbup:
Stevie
YellaThrobber

Post by YellaThrobber »

More stable and faster than a Bandit ?...... fek me ,weve fell oot already
Lol, Seriously, my bandit, was mental 8O Going into corners was a hope and pray moment half the time! At least my Storm pretty much goes where I want it to go :D
neil

Post by neil »

You'll like it a lot more when you have forks & suspension fitted, neighbours will appreciate having exhausts on too
redvtr
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ow do matey, welcome to the forum :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Drew :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, mate, welcome.

Yellow ones look good with carbon cans on, black bellypans and huggers finish it off.

Shock needs uprating (or a rebuild, they're offered on E-Bay but no-one's reported having one done on here AFAIK)

And the springs and oil improve the front end, as you say.

Search the threads for some ideas!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
SP1's rock!