Giddsy's storm with new (bargain) zorsts

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Giddsy

Giddsy's storm with new (bargain) zorsts

Post by Giddsy »

Purchased some scorpions from ebay for the princely sum of 100 notes incl link pipes. At the time didn't realise they were anodised gold as thought it was just picture light and didn't wait long at that price... thought they would look sh1te and need to be re-sleeved but having put 'em on I actually quite like 'em. Each to their own of course but what do you reckon? They have no baffles and sound bloody lovely but not too loud.

One question, seemed to have lost some poke below 3.5k revs, is this normal and can it be sorted on rolling road? Normal air filter and don't want to go down K+n route... Forgive my ignorance and thanks for feedback.

Cheers

benny hedges

Re: Giddsy's storm with new (bargain) zorsts

Post by benny hedges »

they do look nice bud - reckon theyd look even nicer with the casings sprayed same colour, like on the new ones..
why does everyone else get these bargain pipes lol!
maybe theyve made it a bit leaner in the mid range? might be worth putting another shim under the needles.
trick ive used before is put the needle in the chuck of your battery drill and reprofile it with wet n dry, thin it a bit where the weak spot is - in your case right at the bottom 3/4" or so.
takes a lot of trial and errot to get it right tho and if you take off to much you cant put it back!

might be worth seeing if your air filter is clean too - btw the k&n is almost identical to the original, just a bit coarser weave.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Giddsy

Re: Giddsy's storm with new (bargain) zorsts

Post by Giddsy »

Cheers Benny, sounds interesting what you're suggesting but wouldn't trust myself.! Changed the air filter today and did make a difference. In general it revs much more easily but still less poke below. At the end of the day if not easily sorted I'll just rev it a little harder :twisted: Not a huge difference anyway...