NO ZOOM ZOOM!!!

General Biker Banter
BBUK01

NO ZOOM ZOOM!!!

Post by BBUK01 »

It had to happen at some point I guess!! Out for a progressive ride on the storm on saturday and bike started going clackety, clackety, so pulled over after changing down the gears ok, no lock up but engine sounded all clackety!!!, switched of, then tried to start her and nothing, just a click, so bike is now off the road and in the menders. :sad2 :thumbdown:

Abandoned bike here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sll=52.46 ... 76.44,,0,5[/googlemap]
Last edited by BBUK01 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

WITH SKILL COMES SPEED
benny hedges

Re: NO ZOOM ZOOM!!!

Post by benny hedges »

oh dear, do you think a cct has let go???
sounds like a possible :thumbdown:
get on ebay fast enough there's a few cyl heads and valve / cam sets on auction.
was considering snapping one up for myself just in case.

wrong time of the year eh, just as the sun comes out theyre dropping like flies :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
BBUK01

Post by BBUK01 »

Luckily another biker on a silver bike stopped and asked if i was ok, as he was passing and i replied with a cut throat signal and pointed to the bike, he turned around and pulled up next to me, after a bit of joking about niether of us being able to call anyone he offered to give me a lift back to home where I was able to call a recovery service and my insurance company.

So if you are on this forum, I don't know if it was a silver vtr or Fjr but thank you very much, if you hadn't turned up I guess i would have been stuck there forever and a day, on the A1065 Saturday afternoon between Mundford and Swafham. :thumbup:

WITH SKILL COMES SPEED
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ah Bugger! :evil:
That's bad News BB. At least there was a decent bloke willing to stop and see if you were ok, I'll bet no car drivers stopped :eh:
Hope it's not too expensive.
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
BBUK01

Post by BBUK01 »

Lets just hope that a cct has gone and the cam chain has jumped a tooth, hence timing being out! :sad2

WITH SKILL COMES SPEED
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Hope So,
It could be a couple of valves if not :sad2

Pete.l
BBUK01

Post by BBUK01 »

Nope it's the A1065, Mundford to swafham road, nice stretch of road that is!

WITH SKILL COMES SPEED
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Oh dear!! :sick:
I know what dread it brings when CCT dies..IF, that's what it is. If so,hopefully it won't have taken out all your valves as mine did. Mine died a horrible death within 1 month of buying it!!

Mine sounded like a handful of coins going round in a washing machine :wtf: but the clanking was dead loud and I rolled it to a stop. :? My other half completely sorted it for me and set the bike up again etc :clap:. I joined after the dreaded death where I think most folk join and then hear about the probs with the CCT's. Fingers crossed for you as I know the horror it entails...Good luck :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
BBUK01

Post by BBUK01 »

Well guys 'n' gals, after watching and listening to all the bikes going past my window and in town and running a motorcycle club, since the incident and the insurance company, refusing to pay for anything at all, I will be getting my storm back on the 6th of may, this year, she suffered a front cct failure resulting in the piston clobbering 4 valves, but after a fantastic mechanic, who incedently recovered my bike too, looked at the damage, it was very easily sorted, only £270 for the parts inc vat then add labour, so turned out not as bad as I thought, was initially lookin at another engine because of a potentially looming £800 plus bill. :thumbup: so after the preverbial :Ball Kick: from the insurance company, whom by the way are KGM with loads of bad writeups about them, I will be back on the road. :biggrin

WITH SKILL COMES SPEED
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Good News BB :thumbup:
Getting the Bike back, not the insurers :evil:
It's been awfully boring tearing around on all these nice sunny days we've been having. You haven't missed much :D in fact, the long range forecast is for rain so it'll all be back to normal soon :lol:

Pete.l
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Pete.L wrote:Good News BB :thumbup:
Getting the Bike back, not the insurers :evil:
It's been awfully boring tearing around on all these nice sunny days we've been having. You haven't missed much :D in fact, the long range forecast is for rain so it'll all be back to normal soon :lol:

Pete.l
I say Pete, Talk about kicking a bloke when he's down....Tch !....good inn't :thumbup:
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
One of life's guilty pleasures. :P
I was taught, either wear faster trainers or bigger boots than the opposition depending on whether your planning on running or staying :wink:

:Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle:

Pete.l
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

At least it never turned out to bad and the bike will be back soon.This type of story is what pushed me into going through the hassle of changing to manual tensioners. I hope you are not off the road to long fella :thumbup: