From kitchen to back yard

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
yorkylancs

From kitchen to back yard

Post by yorkylancs »

Image Finally dragged it out the kitchen,been setting up the nitron shock,what a big improvement,after a bit of tweeking,getting the sag set right it feels good.Gonna be a nice day tommoz!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: From kitchen to back yard

Post by Pete.L »

That just looks so mean....I lov it :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

:x Its marmite with me mates,but sod em,just a bit bored with the sportsbike/fashion thing.It looks shonky in real life,but didnt want a trailer queen!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Looking good like that :thumbup:

I want your front end lol :p
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is one mean looking Street fighter there Rick :thumbup:

I bet the better half was pleased you've vacated the kitchen :D

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

sirch345 wrote:That is one mean looking Street fighter there Rick :thumbup:
Not just mean but pretty too, mounting the side Rads to the front makes a big difference to the look.

The rear end looks great, the half black frame and the blue hose reallty looks cool....
No bike (yet).
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Did you make your oil pipes yourself, or did you buy them, as I want to replace mine?
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Not big on 'fighters myself - but I likey a lot of your touches, the seat looks great, and the black on the frame....

LOVE the forks (I weant some!)

Only 1 thing, IMHO - and not even sure it's possible, but I woould want to grind off the old rad maountings and smooth the frame out....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

cliveyandrews wrote:Not big on 'fighters myself - but I likey a lot of your touches, the seat looks great, and the black on the frame....

Only 1 thing, IMHO - and not even sure it's possible, but I woould want to grind off the old rad maountings and smooth the frame out....
Keep them, its somewhere to hang you Tescos shopping.
kevg

Post by kevg »

bazza696 wrote:
cliveyandrews wrote:Not big on 'fighters myself - but I likey a lot of your touches, the seat looks great, and the black on the frame....

Keep them, its somewhere to hang you Tescos shopping.
:clap: , its lookin good
cheerz

kev
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Cheers for the positive comments chaps,you obviously like marmite!It does look ok but is far from finished,i always struggle to get motivated to finish anything properly,have the attention span of a sugered up seven year old.Thought about de lugging it,but it meant i would have to finish the frame.Bazza the oil lines are a mixture of aeroquip fittings and earl hose.It uses the original fitting at the sump end,this is clamped by an earls hose finisher,these lines arent under a lot of pressure,like an old gixxer say,must have done 10 thou miles on them no leaks.The other end has the aeroquip,with male fittings on the rad,keep meaning to get a mocal cooler on,but am looking at spending my money on a ducati sb4 rad,this has a nice curved shape,and will allow me to maybe but a fan on it,so no doubt it will soon be back in the kitchen Chris!
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Image Just a shot of the vapor clock,picked it up off ebay secondhand think it was about 40 quid,it has 3 different screens,shows revs speed ,temp and stores all the info so it can be viewed after a ride shows max revs and speed,handy for the cops to scroll through when they nick you,also has a shift light and temp lights,not bad for the money.Lots of other stuff on it and easy to install.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yorky that is a total transformation since I last saw it! Like many aspects of it, have you put it through much testing on the road? How does that rad cope with no fan?
Keep up the good work :clap:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Like it..........looks like it will ride well with that suspension set up.

Some good work there, and I know what you mean about never finishing things, I am the same...........only put the finishing touches to the last 2 kitchens I fitted when we were selling the houses [5 years late!]!
AMcQ
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Runs ok,ran it all last year with no fan,didnt boil over or lose any fluid,it used to go upto 3/4 or sometimes above,then it was time to shut it down.However the temp quickly came down to 1/2 on the gauge when on the move.The new gauge gives a figure in celsius or fahrenheit,at normal running temp,when it is rolling along i get 75 degrees c. I have set the warning light on the new gauge at 104,and the second warning light comes on at 107.I scrapped the expansion tank from in between the vee,and mounted a bottle behind where the rad sits now,therefore getting more airflow,and also allowing more air inbetween the engine.Anyone know what the boiling point of water is with coolant,bearing in mind you probably have 15psi of pressure acting upon it,dont want to run it till it boils just to find out! Yeah suspension is spot on now,vast improvement...