How do to all you Stormers..

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
junkyard

How do to all you Stormers..

Post by junkyard »

:D Hi im a newbie,
what a great site, ive not long purchased a 2000 firestorm in blue 'great bike' i purchased accident damaged and have been enjoying get in her back on the road, i bought the manual and saved myself alot off money doing the work myself, just a few teething problems she ticks over abit high and sometimes coughs when stood and cuts out i think it may need setting up??? 'not really sure' and do they all bob around on the front end? ive noticed theres a big old washer been put on rear shock about 5mm thick is this to thick???
shes loves a drink, i live in Doncaster i took my son out to Sherburn has we pulled in to the cafe fuel light come on, on the way back i was keeping my eye out for a garage when a bike shot passed at speed...Well what can i say 'fuel light went out the window' i opened her up and gave chase, i caught the fellow up, then he turned off..
Well a couple of mile up the road she started coughing and splutering i was shaking her about willing her on when she cut out in the little village 5 mile from Askern so embarrasing... :oops:
What can i say there not the best bikes to push :lol:
]When you're wearing a full face helmet, don't spit.[/size]
donk

Re: How do to all you Stormers..

Post by donk »

Eh up there,
welcome to the forum. If theres anything you need there are always guys and guys on here to give advice and tips, all of which are very friendly. :D

I also have a blue storm, so you never know i may see you at squires one day. You will know it's me, i ride with my mate who is on a super duke!!! :wink2
junkyard

Post by junkyard »

Thanks Donk, hope to see you there sometime :thumbup:
]When you're wearing a full face helmet, don't spit.[/size]
scottb

Post by scottb »

hello mate dont you just hate that fuel light blue is the best color dont you think :D :thumbsup:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Hi Welcome!

Ticking over a bit high isn't neccessarily a worry. The official tickover is 1200 rpm, but I (and others) run mine at more like 1400. Sometimes she'll cough on one of her huge cylinders and will cut out when idling when set at the lower idle. Might well be that it needs a carb balance too as FireStorms can get unhappy when out of balance.

The big old washer is a fairly common mod on stock bikes to raise the rear height and sharpen up the steering. Personally, I prefer a full on suspension upgrade, but that's a little more expensive than a washer.

Fuel lights on normally around 100-120 miles depending on how well set up it is and stuff like jet kits and air filters and cans. 80 miles isn't unusual from spirited riding as it is pretty thirsty and only has a tiny tank. Later model 19 litre tanks fair better and some folks mod on a VFR 22 litre one. Carbotech used to make a very swish carbon fibre 21 litre tank for it, but they're very rare.

And you've got your running out of fuel rite of passage out the way too :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D welcome Aboard :D
Heavey beasty isn't she, you'll soon learn to keep an eye out for petrol stations :wink2

Pete,l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:wave: Welcome mate!

I'm only over the A1 from you :wink:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard junkyard :thumbup:

Chris.
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

aye.
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ow do matey :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........