Handlebar wobble?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Storm Trooper

Handlebar wobble?

Post by Storm Trooper »

Just back from Shieldaig (West Coast Scotland). Great place but weather was absolute SH*T!

Anyhow, I have a small issue with my bike. Handle bar wobble from between 45 & 50 mph. It is only apparant for example when you let off the throttle say from 70 and with no hands on the bars at about 45 to 50 the bars start to jiggle. It sorts itself 45 and down.

Is it just balance of the front wheel.? With hands on there is no issue, but just wondering what would cause something like this?

I have new bearings in the front wheel. Discs are not warped. Fairly new pads, and steering head bearings are fine. No movement or notchiness at all.

Any ideas??
Keep Her Lit !
coledog

Re: Handlebar wobble?

Post by coledog »

imo wheel balance should fix prob
Matt Black 04 model
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

I get a slight wobble since dropping forks and raising rear, I just put down to the geometry changing.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wheel balance.
Get it dynamically balanced, static balance will only compensate for overall balance, not side-to-side.

Tyre fitter operating from a van usually can't do it, professional tyre depots can.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.