I told you so

General Biker Banter
cupasoop
Site Admin

I told you so

Post by cupasoop »

Well, actually I didn't, I kept it to myself.

I was on my way to one of our offices at a place called Coulport a couple of months ago when, what appeared to be a big black cat ran across the road in front of me. Big as in tiger size, not big as in fat house cat size. I told a couple of lads in the office but you could see them thinking I was some sort of looney, so I never bothered telling anyone else, until today. Seems I'm not alone http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 172064.stm. Even made the news on radio 2.

I'm gonna get a sticker for my van..........I've seen the Coulport Cougar
Rich.

WireWalker

Re: I told you so

Post by WireWalker »

I think that's the Coulport Panther but that's not as good an alliteration so the press don't use it. :lol:

I've seen the cougar/puma before way back in the nineties but mentioned it to hardly anyone outside of family and a few friends as I'd had a similar experience in the eighties when a girlfriend and I saw a white stag up on the shores of Loch Lomond. We where less than 10 feet from it for over 15 minutes before it eventually wandered off. In what seemed an immense stroke of luck she had a wee 126 camera with her and the remaining 20 odd shots were used on the beast.

Back home we caused a lot of excitement until we developed the cartridge and found we had nothing but blank black non images, all very Loch Ness Monster I thought :lol: A white stag has been seen in the Highlands recently but I tend not to speak about my own sighting as the whole picture thing makes it sound quite dodgy.
"The future is Orange"
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

How is Coulport these days?

Spent many a cold day sitting in Coulport waiting to be loaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must say i do love the hill coming out of coulport towards Faslane, I remember a guy in a TVR booting it out around the roundabout loosing control and smashing into the barriers up the hill and the bodywork of the car came completely away from the chasis.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

yorkshirepuddin wrote:How is Coulport these days?

Spent many a cold day sitting in Coulport waiting to be loaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must say i do love the hill coming out of coulport towards Faslane, I remember a guy in a TVR booting it out around the roundabout loosing control and smashing into the barriers up the hill and the bodywork of the car came completely away from the chasis.
Strangely enough not very cold at the moment. All the cops there are armed to the teeth with machine guns and wearing mosquito nets to keep the midges off them, lol. Makes you feel like you in the middle of some jungle combat mission. The hill is still steep and long and cooks the crap out of your brakes.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I saw that video clip on the news last evening Rich, I didn't realise it was near you :!:

Chris.
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

Its heavily guarded for a reason, The hills are in fact hollow and filled with............................
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

yorkshirepuddin wrote:Its heavily guarded for a reason, The hills are in fact hollow and filled with............................
Panthers? Builders expanding foam? Nukes? :wink2
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

yorkshirepuddin wrote:Its heavily guarded for a reason, The hills are in fact hollow and filled with............................
Yup, I know exactly why it's heavily guarded :shh: Nothing to do with me though, I don't even get inside the wire.
Beamish wrote:Panthers? Builders expanding foam? Nukes? :wink2
Yes Jim, the hills are alive with the sound of panthers
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

cupasoop wrote:Well, actually I didn't, I kept it to myself.

I was on my way to one of our offices at a place called Coulport a couple of months ago when, what appeared to be a big black cat ran across the road in front of me. Big as in tiger size, not big as in fat house cat size. I told a couple of lads in the office but you could see them thinking I was some sort of looney, so I never bothered telling anyone else, until today. Seems I'm not alone http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 172064.stm. Even made the news on radio 2.

I'm gonna get a sticker for my van..........I've seen the Coulport Cougar
Here's another sighting just near us Richie ,just outside Ayr ,at Sundrum Castle. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8162091.stm .

Looks like were surrounded by the buggers :eek2
Stevie
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

8O im goin up ayr in 2 wks with the kids for a holiday, must remember to pack the shotgun :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

marravtr wrote:8O im goin up ayr in 2 wks with the kids for a holiday, must remember to pack the shotgun :biggrin

Ayr was always quite good for hunting pussy :wink: :lol:
Stevie
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

I seen a big black cat 2 years ago ,out for a run along some of the back roads up here,when I stopped for a piss I looked across the road and thought wtf, it was about football pitch length away,but I only told a few, as you know what people think ..

:crazy:
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money