coledog

Re: Hello from Bristol

Post by coledog »

how you going bloke and g'day from oz :D
Matt Black 04 model
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

hello mate, I converted to the twin thing last year and absolutely no regrets. spend what you can afford, but dont always go for the cheapest, you get wot you pay for to some extent, most 'bargains' are cheap for a reason! :wink:
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
jackdim

Post by jackdim »

Ta to al once again for the welcome :D
hondasrock wrote:most 'bargains' are cheap for a reason! :wink:
Haha, aint that the truth! Money I've got should sort me out with a decent one.

On a side note AFAIK there is two "versions" of the VTR1000F with the later one having a larger tank and different clocks. Much else different other than that?

Ta,
Jack
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

No thats about all there is worth a mention.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Has the newer version not got slightly less power :? .....sure i read that somewhere :!:
Stevie
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

power-colour :whatever you know it makes sense yellow being the most powerful of course :clap: :thumbup: :wave:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

bikerpiker wrote:Has the newer version not got slightly less power :? .....sure i read that somewhere :!:
They got the tank larger by shrinking the airbox which managed to make it less powerful than the 16 litre tank model. I think the extra 3 litres doesn't add any extra mileage to it either.
Rich.

jackdim

Post by jackdim »

cupasoop wrote: They got the tank larger by shrinking the airbox which managed to make it less powerful than the 16 litre tank model. I think the extra 3 litres doesn't add any extra mileage to it either.
Ah I see! Even if the extra capacity did increase range it wouldn't really make much difference to me as I'll rarely need to do 100+ mile jaunts on her.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

bikerpiker wrote:Has the newer version not got slightly less power :? .....sure i read that somewhere :!:
Yep I think the earlier models make a teeny bit more power and the anniversary a teeny bit more than the earlier models but hardly worth a mention IMO
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
coledog

Post by coledog »

The new ones also got a security codded ignition system which mine has and i get slightly cheaper insurance
Matt Black 04 model
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

coledog wrote:The new ones also got a security codded ignition system which mine has and i get slightly cheaper insurance
Good call , it has the HISS system doesn't it? Totally forgot about that :oops:
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

Beamish wrote:
coledog wrote:The new ones also got a security codded ignition system which mine has and i get slightly cheaper insurance
Good call , it has the HISS system doesn't it? Totally forgot about that :oops:
yep, and part digital clocks, oh and the bars are slightly higher, I think honda were trying to convince us that it was a touring bike, with that tank range, :lol: I think not !!!!!
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Welcome Aboard fellow Bristolian :D
I've been off on me hols or I would have said 'Alright' sooner. There's a couple of us about town,Seven of Nine and Mark84 also have the privilege, you're only forth to admit your from Bristol I know of :thumbup: but I'll bet there's also a few shy ones out there lurking cause there are plenty of Storms buzzing about town :cool2

happy hunting, you wont be disappointed :biggrin

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal