Few SP questions.

General Bike chat
Beamish

Few SP questions.

Post by Beamish »

1. Have the majority of owners left the suspension on stock settings? I found the rear stepped out a couple of times and I can only put it down to skipping on bumps (the rear is v hard at the mo).

2. Does anyone have pictures of the Harris fairing bracket in place? (sure FSM has em fitted)

3. Does anyone have pictures of the Harris rear exhaust hangers in place?

Me and two mates filled up with petrol at the same time and imagine my suprise when my fuel light came on at the exact same time as a 650 Daytona and a 600 Daytona :D It was then I remembered that mine had done 35 miles on the back of a recovery truck :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Re: Few SP questions.

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol:

What are you getting to the tank so far mate?
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I rode for the most part quite steady (one of my friends is a new rider) but I had 120 miles displayed as the fuel light illuminated, the tank only took £12 to fill though so not that bad really. I am not going to get the 44 MPG that the Blade gave but that bike was a class leader in fuel consumption terms. The noise of the SP is worth an extra £4.00 every 150 mile though. :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

8)

Spent most of last night looking at SP1's...

If things go to plan over the next few months Im considering one before the end of the year :)
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Beamish said
1. Have the majority of owners left the suspension on stock settings? I found the rear stepped out a couple of times and I can only put it down to skipping on bumps (the rear is v hard at the mo).
I found the front too soft in std trym and the rear too hard. Definitly have a play and see what suits you. I found the "Fast Bikes" guide was a pretty good starting point for base settings....or was it "Performace Bikes"
Either way have a twiddle, there's loads to play with :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

No probs with the front but have softened up the rear rebound compression and its seems to have helped a lot.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Jbrebel wrote:8)

Spent most of last night looking at SP1's...

If things go to plan over the next few months Im considering one before the end of the year :)
The power of the dark side is strong, for you SP1 come it will , destiny yours it is. :D :D

I don't think you'd regret it m8, go for it.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.