Cameron donald throws down the gauntlet !!

Any racing related stuff
queensburylad

Cameron donald throws down the gauntlet !!

Post by queensburylad »

What a start to the practice sessions lets hope the the best is yet to come :twisted:
And may i say well done to itv for their coverage of this event. The slow motion footage is excellent :biggrin

Donald sets 'fastest ever' TT lap

Donald was over eight seconds inside McGuinness’ official lap record

Cameron Donald completed the Mountain Course in 17 minutes 13.25 seconds on Thursday to unofficially become the fastest man in TT history.

On his fourth lap of the session the Australian became the first man to lap the course at over 131 mph.

The TAS Suzuki rider's average speed was a staggering 131.457mph.

Donald's team-mate Bruce Anstey was the second fastest man on the night, lapping at 130.129 mph, with Ian Hutchinson third at 129.027mph.

Official lap record holder John McGuinness suffered mechanical issues with his HM Plant Honda superbike and was unable to fight for a place at the top of the leaderboard.

However McGuinnesses' time from Wednesday night is still the second best of the week.

Manx rider Conor Cummins put in an excellent 128.334mph lap in what was an extraordinary practice session for Saturday's Dainese Superbike race.

Meanwhile, Michael Dunlop smashed the Supersport 600cc record with a 126.299 mph lap, albeit unofficial.

Guy Martin topped the superstock times with a 126.054mph lap.

The practice session for sidecars which followed was cut short by a large oil spillage from Bray Hill to Quarterbridge.

The final practice session will take place on Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 TT Best Times

Solo

1. Cameron Donald (Relentless by TAS Suzuki) - 131.457mph

2. John McGuinness (HM Plant Honda) - 130.171mph

3. Bruce Anstey (Relentless by TAS Suzuki) - 130.129mph

Sidecar

1. Nick Crowe/Mark Cox (HM Plant Honda) - 116.063mph

2. Dave Molyneux/Dan Sayle (A&J Racing Suzuki) - 114.697mph

3. Phil Dongworth/Gary Partridge (WAS Autocentre Honda) - 112.400mph
Beamish

Re: Cameron donald throws down the gauntlet !!

Post by Beamish »

Bloody weather!!! No racing till Monday that is my weekend ruined. I was looking fwd to sitting down and watching the TT action.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

Yes commiseration's to Cameron its a shame because he was looking like he could push John Mcguinness this year. Ive got to say the suzuki relentless bike is looking good this year and Bruce Anstey is looking confident on the bike.
Hopefully the weathers better for next week because there is bugger all on the telly if its a wash out.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The 2009 GSXR is a sleeper I reckon, looking at the results for Guintoli plus the Relentless team's efforts.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

I must have jinxed old Bruce and the tas team :eek2