Post your bike history...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
firestorm996

Post your bike history...

Post by firestorm996 »

Lookin at Col's thread made me remember some of the bikes I've had, so I thought I'd post them up and others can do the same.

First bike was a Bandit 400 variable valve control which I don't have any photos of (not digital anyway). A year later I bought my first VTR...did vinyl graphics on it by hand, added high level carbon migs, moriwaki bellypan and some other bits & pieces.

After a few years I also bought this, a TM250 supermoto. 2-stroke, 90kg and 50bhp. With the AP 4-pot and 320mm front disc it stoppied like you wouldn't believe. It also didn't like anything other than being held wide open in each gear, a complete nutter of a bike.

Then I had to sell it :( and a year later sold the VTR to get this...an XR650R, talon hubs, excel rims, braking wavy disc, titanium pipe. Was proper grunty and handled pretty well, quicker than VTR down certain roads (especially wet ones)

While I had the XR I got another VTR for commuting. This one had a blueprinted motor, balanced crank, moriwaki carbs, titanium pipes, PFM 6-pot setup, Rogered forks, Penske shock, larger master cylinder, loads of other bits that I can't recall, it didn't look much but it rode and handled great. The balanced crank meant it revved like you wouldn't expect for a VTR.

Then I got this, a Husaberg 501SM. 110kg with road kit, 55bhp, WP forks and shock, Beringer 6-pot disc setup, really agile and torquey yet revvy too. Did 12 trackdays in a year on it, and it handled it all without a sweat.

Then I got a Z750, mainly because I fancied a change, something that I could do distance on (compared to a supermoto!) and this one came up at the right money. By the time I sold it, it had a blueflame ti rainbow pipe, ohlins shock, custom seat and a few other bits. Went to Germany twice on it.

Then I sold that late last year to get this, a Buell X1 lightning. Vibrates like a b8stard, the engine tries to escape, the gearchange sometimes needs bolting back in whilst on the move, it cooks your right leg and is more fun than anything I've had for the last 5 years. I also can't resist doing stuff to it. While it's been in the garage over winter I've removed the airbox and fitted a forcewinder cone filter, changed it to US gearing (much lower geared) with US speedo, removed the hugger and belt guard, cut the swingarm lugs that the hugger mounts to off, got swingarm polished, repacked pipe...made no difference, still LOUD like the coming of the apocalypse!!!. Pix before anything done to it. Haven't rode it since doing all this stuff but it fired up after months no problem. The gearing makes it more of an animal and it will be getting the race map blown onto the ECU soon.

Well that's me up to date, be good to see other people's bikes. :wink:
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Collywog19

Re: Post your bike history...

Post by Collywog19 »

Nice bikes matey :)

Where the hell do i start!

First ever bike was a Honda cd185t superdream, back when i was 17. No pics im afraid.

Then i moved onto a Honda varadero 125 also no pics. After that i got this

Hyosung cruise 2 125
Aprilia rs125
Then i moved onto this

Hyosung comet 125
Then chopped it in for this

Cagiva Planet 125
then got bored of that for a Cagiva supercity 125 ( ive owned 6 of these, heres a few select pics )

heres what they look like standard, when i had twins!

Another one i got in this state
Went to this when i was finished :)

I then passed my test finally at the age of 21 with direct access and got this

1995 zx6r ninja

Which i wrote off 4 month later and payout got me this

Last edited by Collywog19 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bikes ftw!
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

I then got rid of husky and got this

Then got myself a Mito 125

then a vfr400 nc30

Sold the NC30 for the VTR

Got given cd185t for free :)

Then got another mito lol

Col
Bikes ftw!
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

Ok this may get me into trouble.. No pics cos they are all on film and I'm too drunk for scanning..
FS1E
FS1E
GT125
TS125
KH250 (S1!!)
Maico 440 (it didn't last long though)
GPZ750
GPZ900R
another GPZ900R
GPZ550 (went through a rough patch!)
yet another GPZ900R
And any time now, a Firestorm! :biggrin
tattie

Post by tattie »

That's a good one of the nc30, at the top of the Kirkstone pass :D

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

yehhh

i love that road :)

shud be up there on the vtr in the coming weeks :)
Bikes ftw!
slot

Post by slot »

Well i've had a few, but all the older end of biking :lol:
These are in order from memory, but i've probably forgot a few :D

AS50
AP50
TS50
FS1E
Casal 50 (65mph with pedals yyeeehhhhaaarrrr) :mrgreen:
2X YSR 50
YSR 80
H100
GSXR50/RB50
RXS100
CB100
NSR125R
TZR125
CD200 BENLEY
KR1
RG 250 Walterwolf
X7
TDR250
TZR250
FZR400 EXUP
XJR400
ZX400 (ZZR IMPORT)
600 Hornet
Z1R (PROJECT BIKE)
GSXR1100N
JAWA 350 GRASSTRACK BIKE
TRX850
And a few pic's :)
Dave

And last but not least !
My old Suffolk Punch GTI :mrgreen:
Last edited by slot on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13114&p=103847#p103847
1998 VTR1000 Castrol-ish (The CCT's have been changed to protect the innocent) :D
1986 YSR250 Project
Stu

Post by Stu »

I will work out tomorrow what I have owned! Being involved with the bike business one way or another since I as 16 has one problem I have owned a ridiculous amount of bikes - now I'm broke but own my home I have had to be sensible with my toys.

But to Start my 2 most expensive bikes were
Yamaha R7
Aprilia Mille SP
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

ooohhh test of the nogging here, no piccies mind.
Lambo 200s, worth a bob or two now, used off-road
C70, 50, 90 had em all
ss50 "sports moped"
puch maxi
Yam fiz tuned a little, done 70 then melted done that 5 times
Suzi ap50 tuned that done same as fiz but only blew once
Suz x7 light and quick
kwack kh250,
then 750 ooohh my, evil bike
Kwack kh100 had me accident on that nearlly lost leg
honda rs250
cars for a couple of years
cb400 n, crap but reliable
kwack 550 gt
fazer 600
burgerbun 400, naff
cbr600 height of easy performance, didnt like m25-m4 slip road though
Firestorm, whoa boy, bbrrrraaapppp
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Jeezus Col, you've seen more 125's than the local test centre :wink: :wink:

slot - love the TRX. I've always had a soft spot for those, and you can pick them up for nowt these days, even tidy ones don't go for much. Great sound and very underrated I believe?
Firestorm996
slot

Post by slot »

firestorm996 wrote: slot - love the TRX. I've always had a soft spot for those, and you can pick them up for nowt these days, even tidy ones don't go for much. Great sound and very underrated I believe?
Yeah loved it, probably should of kept it (low mileage and a minter)
It was a bugger for torque stalling though, not good on a 90 degree cat and fiddle bend !! 8O
Dave :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13114&p=103847#p103847
1998 VTR1000 Castrol-ish (The CCT's have been changed to protect the innocent) :D
1986 YSR250 Project
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Slot...TRX is a beauty 8)

My list of bikes ,nothing to exotic im afraid

Honda c50 (dont laugh) i was only 16
Suzuki AP50 @ age 16
CZ175
CG125
RD125
RD200
Honda cb250 K3 (i think)
250 supadweem
Yam xs250
Suzy GS 550
Suzy GS 650 Katana
Suzy GSX 750
Suzy GS 850
Triumph Daytona 1000
Honda vtr Firestorm
Stevie
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Alright, here's the ones I can remember...

Honda step-through (can't remember what model, didn't make any difference 'cause I didn't have a license then)
Casal 50
Honda G5 ( Bought new, kept for a while, despatched on it and gradually replaced most of the bits- fitted 2:1 reverse cone mega, Amal 26mm carbs, made my own wiring loom, single seat conversion, stage 2 cams, titanium valve bits, llightened generator, looked cafe race style at the end. Used to rev to the second "N" in "Nippon Denso" on the rev counter! 14,500 or so) Obviously completely unrelaible, used to have three engines, one in, one on the workbench, one ready to fit.
Triumph Trident 750 T150. Old one, four speed, drum brakes both ends, raygun pipes. (Brakes were awful. You had to put them on at the pub before the one you wanted to stop at)
Triumph Bonneville T140 (Only had it six weeks, nicked by a scumbag who I later found out had swapped it for 1/4 of blow. Old Bill got to him before I could, and he paid me back at £10/week for 2 years).
Then lots of Honda CB125's- I'd been banned, and couldn't insure anything better. "lots" because I kept blowing them up. All had no-baffle mega fitted, and preposterous Hagon air filter- bloody great aluminium cone with an oiled foam element, clamped down from 30mm to the 2mm carb! Huge seat backrest fitted to tie all the camping gear to- did hundreds of rallies back then. Several times scored farthest travelled AND smallest bike at the same event. Probably six or seven of these in total.
Triumph 650 with sidecar- T110 motor in a T100 frame. Took the chair off when I was working at a holiday camp in Bognor and left it there. Handled like a pig on squared-off Avon Skidmaster, but went quicker, which is the main thing. Pulled a chair around while fitted with 10.5:1 pistons- probably not a good idea with hindsight!
Honda SL125- this was because my mate up the road had one when I had my moped, and I always lusted after his. So I spent the wife's engagement ring money on it, so I suppose technically it's hers. Still got that one- less than 7000 miles, 1973.
Honda Hornet 600- Another new one, kept for 3 years, did nearly 60,000 miles on that one.
Honda NTV650- Commuter, more fun than it should have been, thrashed through little lanes on my commute.
Storm.Current toy, used for commute, travel during the day at work, and fun.

Others: (can't remember what order these came: MZ250e, Jawa 350, Honda CB 650 four, and old CZ and a Suzuki 350 2-stroke twin (for a couple of days).

Next?

Feeling the need for a single crosser for local trips and a spare for when the storm's off the road. Maybe an old XL500? CR450? Let's see...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Keep em comin chaps....don't be shy :wink2 :wink2 :wink2 :wink2 :wink2
Firestorm996
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Ok here's my list of bikes and scooters i've had in nearly 8 years !
50cc Suzuki Katana scooter....derestricted and outgrown
Kawasaki AR125... Sold to Ex Boyfriend, it now lives in Suffolk
Yamaha Diversion 600, bought crashed damaged then ridden 100 miles to the Farmyard rally 2 days after passin test!
Suzuki GSXR400, bent valves after racing an R1..wonder why? lol
Yamaha XJ600, shed of the higest order
Kawasaki ZZR600, loved it, crashed in on horse shite going to the stables!
Yamaha TRX850, i miss that bike , would chop the VTR in for another one tomorrow.
Honda VTR Firestorm, still going strong at 33,000 miles+
Kymco movie XL125 bought cheap of a freind as she'd crashed it, i hated it so sold it for a profit to a lad who promptly rode it under a taxi and wrote it off!

Had a half share in a Suzuki GS500 that we tried to do up, but you can't polish a turd so flogged it for parts.
Caz xxx