BBC - Sports Personality Of The Year

General Biker Banter
bikerpiker

BBC - Sports Personality Of The Year

Post by bikerpiker »

Congrats go to Chris Hoy for winning sports personality of the year , 3 olympic golds ,and being the 1st brit in 100 years or so to acheive this must count for something :!:

I really like Lewis Hamilton ,but put him in an inferior machine and he wouldn't have achieved what he did this year ,whereas Hoy is the machine :!:

Well done to all the nominees :!:
Last edited by bikerpiker on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

wish I'd watched it now :(
thought it was a foregone conclusion that the superstar that is anthony hamilton was gonna breeze it - that fella's had some flippin unwarranted TV air time this past 2 years :roll:
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

:lol: ..,,,,,,

i though Andy Murray might have got it ,he's beat Federer 3 times now, mind you errr... i think it is sports "personality" :lol: ..havin said that, he just gets on with his tennis and is after all number 4 in the world:!:

Any one of a handfull could've won imo :!:
Stevie
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I really like Lewis Hamilton ,but put him in an inferior machine and he wouldn't have achieved what he did this year ,whereas Hoy is the machine
They could have saved all those thousands of pounds on bike research and development then and put him on my old Raleigh you mean?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Stratman wrote:
I really like Lewis Hamilton ,but put him in an inferior machine and he wouldn't have achieved what he did this year ,whereas Hoy is the machine
They could have saved all those thousands of pounds on bike research and development then and put him on my old Raleigh you mean?

8O 8O 8O ..bit like the weather ..nippy :lol:

Deffo , as long as all the others were on similar old Raleighs :!:

Never mind your old Raleigh ,what about your old Hotpoint ,........remember Greame Obree ...

On the way to breaking the World Hour Record, he created major controversy in the professional cycling world over his unique riding style and his pioneering construction techniques. Graeme astounded the sporting world when the unorthodox nature of some of these features was revealed: the bike has handlebars created from bits of old tubing, a left crank made from scrap found on the Ayr bypass, and a bottom bracket made from a bearing found in an old washing machine. ........"All those thousands of pounds spent on bike research and development " ehh , :roll:

You didn't vote for Hoy then :?: :lol:
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

[quote="Timbo"]I had never heard of Hoy till he won :oops:

Thats understandable Tim, unless you followed cyclin you wouldnt, the only reason i'd heard of him is cos he got the odd mention in the daily rag up here, but his performance in the olympics were awsome :!: Seems a genuinely nice fella as well :!:

To be honest i'd never heard of his team-mate that got 2 golds , Bradley Wiggins OBE , and only just found out Bradley was born in Belgium :!:
Stevie
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

Timbo wrote:And before Deano comments, YES I DID WANT LEWIS TO WIN :) I am an idolator :) I cant help it.
that's ok, you regress at yer leisure Tim - 12 was a good age if I recall correctly :lol:

young Lewis is a very talented fella . . .
but which other leading sports 'personality' can you name who's seemingly incapable of making a public appearance without his effin father? WTF is the ITV's obsession Anthony Hamilton? why would he be of any interest to anyone beyond his immediate family?
I cringe at those fawning pre & post-race interviews, its like watching a ventriloquist & his dummy or the Krankies :roll:
clack

Post by clack »

Dean O wrote:
young Lewis is a very talented fella . . .
but which other leading sports 'personality' can you name who's seemingly incapable of making a public appearance without his effin father? WTF is the ITV's obsession Anthony Hamilton? why would he be of any interest to anyone beyond his immediate family?
I cringe at those fawning pre & post-race interviews, its like watching a ventriloquist & his dummy or the Krankies :roll:
I like the way that he 'was thinking of pulling Lewis out of F1 this season if the FIA continued persecuting Lewis' as if Lewis a grown man of 23 years isn't capable of making his own decisions.

Chris Hoy of course won olympic gold in Athens as well as Beijing and silver in Sydney.............
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

Timbo wrote: The reason the ITV focus on him so much in my opinion is because he has always been the driving force behind Lewis
I believe the same could be said for probably 95% of successful sportsmen/women - parental sacrifice is a universal theme (perhaps not literally :lol: ) but thankfully most parents remain anonymous.

I do watch F1 regularly, have done since mid 70's. AFAIR I have only seen Massa's old fella once on TV (when they mistakenly believed Massa had won the title). Hamilton's dad features every race day before, during & after the race - and even accompanied him in his lap of honour around wembley last week.
Personally I resent his presence on my TV now - he has nothing to contribute to the programme, he just stands there like a sponge soaking up the presenter's fawning praise - its sickeningly pathetic & frankly insulting to all but the most easily amused :P
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

[quote="Timbo"]Deano - Massa's father has featured a lot this season quote]

have to concede on that one then, but I reiterate I've only seen him once & I rarely miss an F1 race on TV. :wink:
with regard to other well known sportspersons' parents on TV, I know what Andy Murray's mum looks like cos the cameras often focus on her during his matches, but she doesn't thrust herself into the limelight!)
Her & Henman senior apart, I can think of no others.
would I recognise Beckham's dad? Lineker's? Padraig Harrington's? Steve Davis'? Paula Radcliffe's? Andrew Flintoff's? nope. and yet their offspring, together with countless hundreds besides, have been famous far longer than Lewis Hamilton.
Maybe its a new trend and Anthony Hamilton is the 1st of many superfluous sideshows? I guess he knows little about sport in general otherwise I've no doubt he'd be captaining a team on a Question of Sport by now :roll:
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

Timbo wrote: Has she got big tits? purely out of interest, i dont watch tennis.
not so big that she erm . . . can't watch tennis :lol:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis ... ffort.html

Is that Judy with her girlfriend or with Andy's girlfriend ?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

LotusSevenMan wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis ... ffort.html

Is that Judy with her girlfriend or with Andy's girlfriend ?
Thats her with Andy's girlfriend :!:

LSM.....quite a wee fantasy you have there ,..sorry to spoil it.. :!: :wink:
Stevie