DAYTONA 675

General Biker Banter
Jaglifter

DAYTONA 675

Post by Jaglifter »

Rode my youngest sons Triumph Daytona 675 yesterday.

Sorry to say that it is totally the dogs b******s. Quite twitchy though and the seat is high, but the motor is poetry. On the other hand its in for a 6k service and it needs a couple of things fixing (under warranty), so I've feeling it could get expensive once the warranty runs out!

Next up is my other son's ZXR10 :D Apparently this thing wheelies at 8krevs, no matter what gear you are in................

Wouldn't swap either for the SP though (well probably not).

At the age of 60 I reckon I ned to get it all in a.s.a.p. b4 I'm totally past it and I have to get a HD. 8)
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
tattie

Post by tattie »

The 675 is in a class of its own and sounds very good, almost on par with the storm :lol:
Mind you they look tiny, the storm is small but they look smaller. I think there were oil consumption issues with the early ones or mabey it was neglect on the owners behalf.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I worried the s***t out of a 675 on my TDM the other year near Fish Hill. He went flying past in the 40mph limit, then I cought him up and he couldn't handle the twisties. Shame - I was looking forward to Fish Hill - he turned off first!

They are very good though I think - but it depends on the rider 90% of the time I think.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I must admit the Triumph 675 Daytona looks the part and as already been said sound lovely too 8) But I've not ridden one yet :!:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

They look lovely imo. Tiny thin, like a 250 8)

Not ridden one but I wouldnt mind a blast. The street triple looks more up my street (no pun intended... :roll:) but I do like the daytona. If I was in the market for a sports middle weight id definatley consider one.
Stratman wrote:but it depends on the rider 90% of the time I think.
Agreed there. I think thats the same with most bikes. I love seeing some weekend warrior with £10K+ tackle, fancy leathers, more bling on the bike than a rapper and all the trimings, being hounded by some old giffer on a P reg VFR. It makes me :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I rode the Street with the detuned 675 lump and it was flippin great.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
alan

Post by alan »

yeah supposed to be a cracking bike would be my choice of the 600 class the only probs ive heard about is a few (rare) owners have had piston problems i was reading on the performance bike website, i still wouldnt kick one out the garage though.
clack

Post by clack »

be fine until it goes pop. Not that I'm jaded or anything from my experience with a speed triple :mad2 .

you can get the lowdown on pretty much every triumph over at http://www.t595.net
Last edited by clack on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Read the article PB did ages ago about the daytona. Think it was a 24hr test on a french track against a Gixer 750.

The Triumph didnt make the whole test as I recall?

Similar problems as already stated. It still wouldnt put me off though :)
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Must say i liked my old j-plate Triumph Daytona 1000 ,it got me back into bikes after a good few years without one.

Bought it off ebay ,kept it nearly 4 years, i sold it just over a year ago with 52k miles and got my money back, put a bit to it and bought the 'storm :!:

It never broke down or failed to start , handled real well ,very sure footed, and was well fast enough, the only problem i had was mine did have an occasional erratic idling problem when hot, below 2.5k revs, i never did get to the bottom of it , i just learned to live with it :!:

The guy i bought it off had bought a T995i ,then found out he didn't like the riding position ,so he sold it and bought a Thunderbird Sport which he's still got :!:

My Daytona.

Stevie
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Funny you should mention the erratic idle...

My dad had a similar problem on his 1200 Trophy. At worst it chucked him off as he banked over off the end of his road 8O

That was ages ago and it doesn’t seem to have been a problem since then.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Agree about the oil consumption. You have to keep a close eye on it 'cus it does seem to suddenly dissapear off the dip stick!!

Anyway, the garage just called to say that the 6k service and stuff is done, so I'm going to give it a proper test - weather permitting.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Jaglifter where you testing it? Swindon Triumph - last time I tested a bike there it broke down before I left the car park lol but that was the thruxton

The 675 is a cracking bike of kit I know a couple of people that race them in endurance and won't go back to gixers etc!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

do a nice shade of green :p
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo,,,
i put the streetfightered version out of my mind as thats what i was looking at getting when i got my storm.... but it was just over what i had budgeted spending and the storm was just under, plus i had always fancied a storm.

i have spent the last hour or 2 drooling over them.... and might have to take one out for a test ride, as there is a dealership about 8 miles from me i wasnt aware of..... :P