Oil leak - help!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rob1n

Oil leak - help!

Post by rob1n »

I have an oil leak somwhere at the front of the engine, thought it was the oil seal at the starter motor, changed that - still got the leak, new oil filter, still got the leak, it looks like there is oil above the stater motor, I noticed that there is a large plug in the engine, just behind the starter, possibly coming from here? Anyone know what this plug is? Thanks for any help.

Robin.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

If it’s a large one with a socket head/ Allan key to undo it’s a plug for the main oil gallery from the oil pump that would explain the oil leak :cry: :cry:
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
rob1n

HELP- oil leak!

Post by rob1n »

Warby221, thanks for that, had no idea what this plug was and never heard of anyone having this problem before, the microfishe thingy shows the plug but no description of what it is, do you happen to know if there is a seal in there or should I just tighten it a bit, what do you think?

Thanks once agin.

Robin.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

It would need sealing with something as there’s about 60psi of oil pressure behind it but I have no idea if it’s permanently sealed at the factory or if it has an o-ring or just lock tight to seal it
Best thing to do is give a Honda dealer a ring and ask them
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
rob1n

Post by rob1n »

Thanks for that Warby221, might try the lock tight thing but , probably best to ask the dealer.