Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

General Bike chat

Miss your Storm??

I Do Miss It
14%
I Would Miss It
19%
I Don't Miss It
4%
I Want Another
5%
I'll Never part with my Storm
26%
I can't see myself replacing my Storm in the near future
31%

Total votes: 239

Rob

Re: Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

Post by Rob »

I lost confidence in it after that so ended up trading it in for a 600 Bandit.
That's a bit like trading Holly Willoughby for Susan Boyle. :confused
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

"cruisers" hmmm tried one for 3 days and got cheesed off with wind blowing up my trousers at 60 all the time,(legs forward and all that) and the handling was "pants" as expected, to me riding a bike is all about the lean angle, bit like skiing!!! I have the same moto for skiing as i do riding my bikes. "Crash but learn" !!! I break my nose skiing most years but iam still smiling, and i dont do that on a cruiser..!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
woaty

Post by woaty »

NO / nosie pollution// to loud// to much vibartion/ drinks like a pig :beer: but i love it :thumbup: :thumbup:
bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

I do miss mine, I bought a SV when I came back, and it's everything the Storm could have been developed into. However the SV is to easy to live with, the Storm was a little more rough around the edges, sulked when it was cold, coughed back though the carbs when I went down though the box blipping the throttle coming up roundabouts and junctions.

I'm going for a Monster when I sell the SV as it's everything the Storm was but in an Italian wrapper, has flat(ish) bars and looks great (IMO)
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Yes after an extended period away from it i do miss it, it was bloody great! you don't need 160 somthing horses on the wheel to make a bike fun or 'real world fast'

The V-Twin on its Yoshi's sound's infinitely better than this GSXR (apart from on the motorway where the constant same speed drone did my head in a bit on the twin)

It was quick off the lights and easier to launch that the GSXR and the Blade

had a very comfy seat, classic timeless looks (the only thing that lets them down is that minging 3rd eye running light)

There is a better connection / feeling between your wrist and your engine on the Twin's

It's bloody well built and the bolts are decent, it cleans up very well and it can handle a few winters and won't bat an eye

I want another V Twin but would like an engine with poke, something not as high maintenance as a ducati but not as big and bulky as the SP1/SP2 or as fragile and ugly as the Suzuki or temperamental as the RSV

Wish Honda had Made an SP3 i would like to see them go head to head with ducati once again and build a 1200 cc Racing Twin for the modern era

But looks more likely they will continue with the blade or build a V4 racer again as the Aprilia V4 is in another post code on the race tracks
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
vfr4

Post by vfr4 »

entered "do miss it" although "it" was an SP1, watched the new owner ride away on saturday and felt pretty bad. It wasnt getting the use though and I've got a vfr800 project to keep me busy now.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

vfr4 wrote:entered "do miss it" although "it" was an SP1, watched the new owner ride away on saturday and felt pretty bad. It wasnt getting the use though and I've got a vfr800 project to keep me busy now.
I've always fancied a VFR800 purely for those bolt on supercharger kits you can buy for them, remember seeing the company and a special feature on them in MCN years ago the VFR kit was immense gave better fuel and more power than the motogp bikes at the time, think you could adjust the boost too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

seb421 wrote:
Wish Honda had Made an SP3 i would like to see them go head to head with ducati once again and build a 1200 cc Racing Twin for the modern era
Now that would have been a good idea 8)

Chris.
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Do miss my storm when Felix rode off and i looked at the hornet i thought you have made a mistake sold the hornet and gone italian mille like it BUT can't quite jell with it
RIDE TO ENJOY
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

geoff996 wrote:Do miss my storm when Felix rode off and i looked at the hornet i thought you have made a mistake sold the hornet and gone italian mille like it BUT can't quite jell with it
Do tell us more, is it just more time needed in the saddle I wonder :?:

Chris.
Brian 99 firestorm

Post by Brian 99 firestorm »

In my line of work, i have been in the fortunate (and sometimes not so fortunate) position to work on and test numerous different makes and models of bikes. Personnaly, for price you pay for a storm, there is no better balance between sporty handeling, loads of power and yet still being nimble and comfortable enough for the long run. I would rather buy an extra bike and use it for the track but wouldnt part with my storm.
1999 Firestorm. Spec A carbon fibre cans, wavy discs, six pot calipers, 4 degree advancer, DNA filter, stage 1 dyno jet kit, rear sets, etc, etc.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Brian 99 firestorm wrote:In my line of work, i have been in the fortunate (and sometimes not so fortunate) position to work on and test numerous different makes and models of bikes. Personnaly, for price you pay for a storm, there is no better balance between sporty handeling, loads of power and yet still being nimble and comfortable enough for the long run. I would rather buy an extra bike and use it for the track but wouldnt part with my storm.
very well spoken and i have to agree.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Miss mine a lot now. Am sniffing around on the look out for another. Sold the CB1300 and have come to the conclusion the only thing I wont get bored with is a twin, which narrows it down to a Storm or SP1/2 ( which tbh I think is going to be out of my price range right now ). Going to be patient and get a good unmolested low miler, and pay the right money if necessary, but for the long term its worth it.

Watch this space.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome back Lee. How long after purchasing the next storm will a CB1300 be beckoning you do you reckon!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bloody hell lee, make your mind up :lol:
AMcQ