Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

General Bike chat

Miss your Storm??

I Do Miss It
14%
I Would Miss It
19%
I Don't Miss It
4%
I Want Another
5%
I'll Never part with my Storm
26%
I can't see myself replacing my Storm in the near future
31%

Total votes: 239

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

Post by RedStormV »

Seems to me there's a trend developing here of late.

A) People returning to the fold after getting another Storm.
B) People parting with their Storm and wishing they hadn't.
C) People contemplating parting company with their Storm for various reasons.
D) People who'd 'Never' part company with their Storm.
E) I suppose there may be some that are glad they got rid but stick around cos it's such a good laugh and very friendly here.

So ...

Tell us:

Do you miss your Storm? If so why & If not why not?
Would you miss your Storm? If so why & If not why not?

I personally, will never part with my Red Storm as it has sentimental value being my departed Bro's bike.
That is, unless, Gods forbid, something happens to it to make it unsalvageable.
I think though that even if there wasn't that connection, I'd still keep her as I just love the whole experience.
As you know I have other bikes and will no doubt will have others along the way, but I'd like to think that a Storm would always figure in my plans.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

RedstormV, good post!
I will miss:

1. Noise
2. 2nd gear on B roads running up to the Tann Inn :lol: :lol:
3. Grunt
4. beautiful deep red paintwork (especially on the tank)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
lee67

Post by lee67 »

nope dont miss nothing about it.....been out all day on cruiser...rode an harley, not as good, rode bobs storm( while he rode mine)..dont miss em one bit....loving this cruising malarkey...125 miles to £9 today :D
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

You've got a point ,
ive seen a load o cruisers today goin through village to scottish classic motorcycle show,about 1 mile from here at Rowallan. Cool as fek :!:
Thought aboot going myself,i couldve walked it and had a refreshment or two :lol:.,insttead i went to see Cuppasoop, came home,had a beer or 3 :lol: ,and done the garden :!:
The Storm, luv it, but in the latter stages of a longish run it seems like im sittin on a knife egde :lol: :lol:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

lee67 wrote:nope dont miss nothing about it.....been out all day on cruiser...rode an harley, not as good, rode bobs storm( while he rode mine)..dont miss em one bit....loving this cruising malarkey...125 miles to £9 today :D
You would get that MPG on a Storm riding at 60mph :lol: , its fair enough you liking em and you have your reasons for not missing the Storm but dont preach to the anti soap dodger league :lol: :lol:
You would never get me on a cruiser, there are tons of comfortable rides that dont involve having your feet up by your wrists 8O XJR, ZRX, most BM's, Tiger, KTM Adven to name but a few. Only my opinion dont get all anti 8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I'll not sell my Storm..might swap it for a TRX850 or a good 400 tho lol......i have plans for that Storm of mine :D
lee67

Post by lee67 »

theres no way i could get 125 to £9 on a storm, even freewheeling lmao...dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it...just dont miss it!!...and i aint preaching to anyone to get a cruiser, i dont need to...all m8's have/are seeing the light..nuff said :wink:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Miss mine on occasions, but thats just the same as other bikes Ive owned. They all had differing qualities and niggles.

I only miss the Storm due to the time and effort I put into bits and bobs on it. It had a better finish than the TL imo.

However, the TL engine is stronger and the tank range is that bit better (not that either are that good :? ...)

In saying that, I dont think it will be that long before I have something else in the garage! Ive enjoyed owning 2 different big twins now but Ive had to look at what Im using my bike for now! Fuel costs are escalating, everythings costing more and Im not doing the mileage I would have over previous years.

So to answer the other question, would I have another Storm? Maybe, but not at the moment :wink:

*scrap the above, the Buells even better :) Might not top 3 figures like the TL or the Storm but makes me grin like a tw@ everytime I ride it*
Last edited by Jbrebel on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I can't see myself replacing my Storm for a different bike, so I voted for "I'll Never part with my Storm" but being realistic Never is a long time, so if there was a category for "I can't see myself replacing my Storm in the near future" I would have voted for that :!:

I fully appreciate your reason Graeme :!:

Chris.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Oh dear,

Sorry about that Chris

Won't let me add any more options now!

But I suppose really I could have put lots with varying timescales :lol:

People's circumstances change so it's obviously quite concievable that someone else who also voted for the 'Never' option might unfortunately have to part with their beloved Storm for whatever reason.

Strange that, my mother's just handed me a repair estimate for my Grandad's Brough Superior SS80 dated 26/09/1956 for £44, 4s, 7d. He bought it new in the '20s and I remember it still being in his garage when I was young.
Eventually my Uncle ended up with it and restored it, shortly before his death from Cancer a few years ago. As far as I know my cousin 'inherited' it but having a passion for travel and no where to keep it, I believe he's probably sold it!
Shame that, I would have loved to have had chance to keep it in the family, as my grandson who's nearly 4 is bike mad too!
Oh Well I'll just have to leave him his great uncle's Firestorm!
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

I used to own a tvr chimaera and have always looked at the storm as the two wheeled version of it so i had to have one eventually :twisted: . I think it takes a different type of person to love the unconventional and ive never liked being the norm :lol: Ive only had her for a short time but already im hooked and for that reason i wouldnt part with my storm :D :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

queensburylad wrote:I used to own a tvr chimaera and have always looked at the storm as the two wheeled version of it so i had to have one eventually :twisted: . I think it takes a different type of person to love the unconventional and ive never liked being the norm :lol: Ive only had her for a short time but already im hooked and for that reason i wouldnt part with my storm :D :D
TVR.......... the mans choice......... 8)

Oh and built in Blackpool by a man named Trevor !!!!!

Did you have AA on speed dial? 8O 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Beamish wrote:Oh and built in Blackpool by a man named Trevor !!!!!
And now unfortunately owned by some Russian 8O !!!!

Did the factory tour about 15 years ago - was brilliant!

Off Thread though :wink:
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

She was mate yes Image but nothing beats two wheels
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

RedStormV wrote:Oh dear,

Sorry about that Chris

Won't let me add any more options now!
No worries Graeme, I know there's a limit.

Interesting about the Brough Superior though :!: 8) I could imagine you'd luv to have had it :!: Very unfortunate if it has been sold :cry: but I guess that's life, we can't win them all :wink:

Chris.