Most effective replacement screen please?

General Bike chat
Granty

Most effective replacement screen please?

Post by Granty »

So, I picked up the Firestorm on Saturday and discovered within 10 miles of riding that the screen/half fairing offers considerably less wind protection than my CBR600. :( sh1t!

So I need a replacement screen (DB?) that will direct the windblast away from me. Any recommendations would be gratefully accepted, as will the url of any 'photos of a storm with one fitted.

Thanx

Granty
DD

Post by DD »

Check out the gallery/misc section here, thats what I did. Theres heaps of em to choose from then contact the owner.
cheers Darryl
BP team

Post by BP team »

Hi,
i had a double bubble screen (aeromax) ermax before my accident. i'll buy exactly the same. looks good and it's very comfortable. i can send you a photo by e mail if you want. you can already see it a little in the "run galery".
Oliv'
Granty

Thanks a lot

Post by Granty »

I see that the two lower fixings screws are hidden behind the instrument panel, does this mean the clocks have to be removed in order to fit a new screen? :?
BP team

Post by BP team »

I don't know, i undone all my fairing after my accident, but it depends on the tools you've got. i ever remove the clock it's a question of 10min, so if you've to do that, they'is no pb. (only 3 screws are fixing the clock panel).
a+/see you
Oliv
Granty

Post by Granty »

Thanks Oliv :)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hello Granty.
I think you'll find the two lower screws at the front of the fairing nose are for the pilot light. The only bits I had to remove on mine were the wing mirrors and then the screen just slides right out.

Pete
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

yep mine was the same, just take off the four screen screw and the mirrors and away you go.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
gsh

Post by gsh »

BP team wrote:Hi,
i had a double bubble screen (aeromax) ermax before my accident. i'll buy exactly the same. looks good and it's very comfortable. i can send you a photo by e mail if you want. you can already see it a little in the "run galery".
Oliv'
Remember that the ermax screen needs new screws as the fixing holes are smaller than the OE item. I destroyed one trying to fit it to my first storm because I was too impatient to wait for the fixing kit and tried to drill out the holes! tw@.
G
Mart

SCREENS...

Post by Mart »

I've got a brand new MRA double bubble screen for sale in the For sale/Wants section, absolute doddle to fit and it fits perfectly too.