New boy

General Bike chat
DaveTM

New boy

Post by DaveTM »

Hi guys and girls - newbie here! :lol:

I currently own a Fazer 600, but have this real yearning for a Firestorm, one of the faster blue varieties :roll:

No that I’m a speed freak you understand, (well maybe I am) but what’s the top speed of one of these babies? :twisted:

I’m now going to have a look around the board…..speak to ya later.

Dave
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hey Dave.

Go for it - you wont regret it. I came to the VTR from a Hornet 600. The Hornet and Fazer are both very good bikes but the VTR with some race cans on it is something else.

Top speed? Hard to say. I've seen an indicated 155mph on mine - on a private road Mr Plod, honest! Obviously, given speedo inaccuracies it might have only been 145? There was still a bit more left in it but that private road ;) has a 90mph left bend in it that does approach very quickly at that speed :D

Cheers
Wayne
Stormtrooper

re- new boy

Post by Stormtrooper »

ive owned at sometime or other, suzuki 900,kawa zx900 both are quicker than a storm & I think a standard storm is good for around 155mph max on top end, but thats not what storms are about at all ,the storm is about that real world midrange grunt driving hard out of corners with the tail end just sitting down & pushing you out of the bend on a wave of torque ,while all the inline point & squirts are braking like mad, down shifting & then trying to put the power back down on the exit without spinning up the bike.
remember you can't do 180mph every day
(not unless you want a bus pass or a wooden box)
but you can go quicker than many so called fast in line fours on a series of bends & that imho is what i think storms are all about.
plus that sound from the cans on overrun...ooh yessss :D
DaveTM

Re: new boy

Post by DaveTM »

As I said, I'm not a speed freak.........Well not much :roll:

But I do love playing in the twisty bits and as my son reminded me the other day 'roundabouts' :twisted: Don't you just love outbreaking the cagers, chucking it around the roundabout and powering away :wink:

I'm hoping to catch some sort of deal over the winter months and trade the fazer in - will miss the old girl we've had a lot of fun together.

I've had an indicated 140 on the old fazer and to be honest, itfelt quite fast enough............loose yer licence fast enough! :oops: No flying around the twistys is what it's all about for me. :D
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Mine does exactly 137.6mph on the limiter in top according to Mr Sigma......mind you I have got a 15t front sprocket :D

When std, I did a very silly thing in slipstrearming a mate on a GSXR750 on a long dual carriageway, the speedo was past 180mph! 8O He'd just been timed at Bruntingthorpe flat out at 164mph.

I won't do it again...too damn scary!!