got my first storm..

General Bike chat
chuxsta

got my first storm..

Post by chuxsta »

its official my cherry has not been popped but splattered!!!
picked her up at 1300 today just got home and its now 1830...

she is in mint condition.. only beef is the previous owner put the crappy wheel trim stickers on and he must have been blind and drunk.... cause i could have put it on straighter with my feet.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

dont worry that crappy tape is coming off asap....
god knows what made the guy put it on.. its about as attractive as wearing dog sh1t as earrings.

its had me giggling for sure.... i have only rode 600s to date.. and have been used to having to rev the nutts off a machine to make it dance..
and this is the first vtwin / 1000 i have owned so its a whole new experience..

had to take it easy as well cause i got a brand new rear thrown in when they MOTed at the shop today.. :D
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

oh the only thing hurting right now is my left hand and arm from the clutch action.. im a little outa practice :P
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

VTR1000KAZ wrote: take your time and don't push it too hard.. the first thing you'll probably find is that you run out of revs too quickly and keep hitting the limiter in the first 2 or 3 gears.. or maybe that was just me?? lol :lol: :lol:
naa im not one for crazy riding any more,, fractured my spine in 2 places and snapped my upper left arm in 2 in 1999 when some stupid ****** pulled out on me on a dual carrage way,
and have lost close family member recently due to some rock jockey in a van...
got a healthy fear of tarmac, hospitals, morphine, funerals and repair bills.

only thing i noticed i kept doing was knocking it down a gear to over take, but soon got used to the fact i can just let ripp no matter what gear im in..

from first impressions i wish i had gone straight to a 1000 and skipped the 600s cause you have to ride them like a nutter to make them go..

found it so much conservative been on a bigger bike.... can pootle along and have the option for crazy mode if needed.. unlike the 600s where is gung ho all the time.
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Nice looking bike and the best colour you can get :wink:
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Nice colour..almost as nice as Red.....enjoy it hun xxx
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Nice bike Chuxsta, enjoy
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

Beamish wrote:Nice bike Chuxsta, enjoy
thanks dude, just need some of your 100gallon panniers your carrying around..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice looking bike there Chuxsta :!: 8)

Just a suggestion, not knowing how much/little experience you've had with bikes. Becareful how you go about removing those rim tapes as it's all to easy to remove the paint with them :!: Probably best to heat up the tape as you go whilst trying to remove it, with a hair drier :!:

Chris.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

sirch345 wrote:Nice looking bike there Chuxsta :!: 8)

Just a suggestion, not knowing how much/little experience you've had with bikes. Becareful how you go about removing those rim tapes as it's all to easy to remove the paint with them :!: Probably best to heat up the tape as you go whilst trying to remove it, with a hair drier :!:

Chris.
thanks for the tip,,, but im lucky in the fact my dad started out as a bike mechanic and is now a sales rep in the bike trade..
so i was raised with a spanner rather than a dummy in my mouth. :D

wouldnt matter if the paint came off though i gonna polish the wheel outers up,, got a thing for shiny aluminium :D
okcoky

Post by okcoky »

got my storm wed and its gonna take a bit of getting used too.I havnt been on a bike for 13 years and the last one was an rgv250 but at least it was a v twin lol.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

at fooooooooooking last.. got all that crappy yellow wheel tape off and put a real colour on there.. its that reflective stuff as well so stands out nicely at night..

oh,,,,, and its on straight as well,, think the last guy got his dog to put it on for him..

Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Just needs a nice Moriwaki type bellypan rogered forks and a penske rear shocker to finish it off m8 then you're all set.... :P
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
adfski

Post by adfski »

sweet man - that really is a gorgeous colour!.

So I guess it'll be some noisy pipes next? :wink:

Also fairing lowers transform the look of a storm in that rich blue it'll look a treat.

I know your gonna be tricking it up going on your previous posts so just keep taking pics and keeping us up to date.

Oh yeah other things to watch out for. Shifting down in a hurry will make the back end skip - so much torque - so go easy when releasing the clutch. And enjoy how early you can roll the power on :D
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:Just needs a nice Moriwaki type bellypan rogered forks and a penske rear shocker to finish it off m8 then you're all set.... :P
getting some remus or yoshi hi levels in a few weeks, the forks might have already been done.. he did the brake hoses on the front,

might skip the belly pan idea for now cause i dont like any i have seen.. they are more like lower fairings than belly pans... if i ditch the upper fairing i will purchase one..