Synchronization or not?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Neophyte

Synchronization or not?

Post by Neophyte »

At low to mid rpms and on part throttle I get a slight chirping/whistling coming from the motor especially when accelerating gently. Is this a symptom of the carb synching being out or what? :?:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hmmm...
We had to have a little think about this one.The boys over here in good old Blighty have put our heads together and from reading your symptoms we believe the problem probably lies in the air box. Remove the top and check the filter. Most likley you will find a birds nest. As the revs rise mother hen will start to chirp as a nice little breeze passes her by. When the revs get a little bit higher she's getting sh1t scared and what you describe as a whistle is really a scream of terror as the induction from the engine tries to suck her into those huge gaping inlets.
In a few (and i mean really rare) cases it has also been reported that pets and small children have been sucked in this way when standing too close to the kerbside so please bare this in mind when racing through residential areas. :wink: :wink:

Pete.l
Neophyte

yeah yeah...

Post by Neophyte »

:D I knew I was possibly gonna get soming like this but I'm being dead seroius here...has ANYONE come across this "noise" with their 'Storms'.

Actually the chirping doesn't become a whistling...it all just depends on what you wanna call it. :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sorry Neophyte.
I couldn't resist :lol: :lol:
On a more serious note i also get a slight chirping (induction noise) and a whine from the cam tensioner>unless yours is really noisey (ie bearing whine or something) I wouldn't worry.As noises are normally quite difficult to explain let your local dealer have a listen and see if you should be worrying or not.

Cheers mate
Pete.l