Front Wheel

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
t00lkit

Front Wheel

Post by t00lkit »

I may be asking the bleedin obvious but here goes.......

Only ever having a bike with a centre stand, how do go go about getting the front wheel off the 'storm. Do i need a special paddock stand or something?

I'm thinking of having my wheels done like Fluffys, but never really thought about taking them off!

Can anyone also recommend a good value rear wheel stand?

Cheers
t00lkit (ironic name)
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

You'll be wanting a Jon Collier special!

Top custom made stand for the VTR - lifts the bike at the rear engine bolt.

Theres a thread with Jons contact detail on here somewhere or post him a PM - username is Jonacol I think.

For the front I think you need one of those stands that insert and lift up under the front of the frame (headstock?!) Dels got one - help me out here Del!

Cheers
Wayne
Fluffy

JC JC

Post by Fluffy »

Get hold of Jon Collier like Wayne said Toolkit. Both wheels out is a doddle with a JC stand. Just stick a bottle / trolley jack under the sump with a bit of packing then whip them out. You can even drop the entire front and rear suspension out with one of Jon's stands because they use the rear engine mount bolt, not the swingarm pivots.

If you cant get hold of Jon and your anywhere near the Northwest (or telford when I visit the old dear) you can borrow mine for a few weeks.

Cheers

Tony
I see no Firestorm......
t00lkit

Jonacol

Post by t00lkit »

Dropped Jon a mail for some details.

I found the thread and it sounds like it does the job. I saw the pic of the one previously on e-bay, but I'm not sure my missus has got the biceps to lift the bike that high onto the pegs! I'll have to get the old dear round from next door.

How on earth does it work!

I'll wait for the man

[/img]
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

It works on a pivot.
I've got a "dare i say it" Abba stand and it works in same way, though it mounts to the swing arm pivot not the engine mount.
Speaking of JC stands though, any one care to lend me one after xmas, since i need to strip bike down if i want to get frame powder coated.

Robb
kingster

Post by kingster »

Bollix to all these pro stand malarky things. I just threw a tie-down round the garage roof joist and lifted the front end off the deck while the weight was on the rear wheel/sidestand. Cost nowt.

Mean stingy jock-spawned type.
RichieCook

Post by RichieCook »

looks a pretty useful piece of kit...how much does one set you back?
Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey