Bike nearly done.

General Bike chat
Drac

Bike nearly done.

Post by Drac »

Well ive been doing another job after work and weekends to fund bits for my bike. TBH i was getting so knackered that the thought more than once crossed my mind just to get rid.

But, i know there was no way id find another bike i liked as much and the revenue raised would undoubtedly find its way towards a new kitchen or something-)

soo..bits ive managed to get.

Hel brake lines front and rear.
Kevlar effect flush front indiactors (holes from stalk indicators welded over and sprayed)
Integrated rear led light and indicators
undertail tray
new BT21's front and rear
new front sprocket
rear super sprox sprocket
iris chain
high lvl venom cans
and lastly but definately no least..an underseat toolkit and anodised screen screws from germany-)

Just need it all together now.

Still want a lower fairing/enclosed bug tray and rear hugger but sod all money and aint going through the hell of 70 hour weeks again.
But at least it will be passable and not disgrace t'other VTR's at rivvie this summer-)

piccies when its together and clean (ish)
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Nice choice of goodies mate, look fwd to seeing pictures.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Drac :!: 8)

I had to work shed loads of overtime to get my (what was 18mths old but like new) Storm. Quite a few years ago now, but I'm glad did it :!: :D

It was either spend quite a lot of money on my old Suzuki GS1000 (that I'd owned for twenty years) to bring it back up to concours condition or get a newer bike. The GS needed stripping down so the frame could be re-painted, also gaskets needed replacing on the engine as they were starting to weep oil. I didn't really have the time to spend doing the work on the GSThou as I was also building an extension on the house at the time, so I opted for the newer bike :!: :D

Chris.
fishface

Post by fishface »

stick with it mate :wink:
Drac

Post by Drac »

grrrr add in mirror extenders on wish list.(thanks to LSM for reminding me)
tony.mon

Carbon mudguard-Success!

Post by tony.mon »

Just upgraded to a carbon fibre front mudguard. Fancied one for ages, to match the hugger (which is really plastic).

Got my chance when bike blew over in the wind (cover must have caught a gust.

Anywho, cracked standard yellow one, so needed a replacement. Just told the wife that replacement was £90, and she swallowed it!

So it's on, and looks fine IMO. Must have saved, oooh, 5 or 6 grams.

However, every new bike launched in MCN since I got it has one.

Looks like I'm trying too hard to be trendy.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.