Sigma Computer

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
welshy

Sigma Computer

Post by welshy »

Ok, gonna get ripped for this one but...........

Anybody know how to turn on the Sigma BC800 computer!!??

Battery is in but can't find the on switch!
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
Neophyte

emm...

Post by Neophyte »

The Sigma BC800 actually stays on once the battery is inserted. So, either the battery is dead or the computer could be dead. Check the battery again and if you're sure it's inserted correctly you should have the battery tested or try another battery. Hope you come right....
welshy

Post by welshy »

Cheers Neophyte.

I got the place I bought it to send me a new battery to see if it's that. Also been told that the magnet needs to pass the sensor for it to turn on. I have been waving the magnet past the sensor to no avail.

To clarify, straight from the packaging, if I put the battery in it should turn on and stay on without needing to mess with the sensor/magnet.

Cheers
Neophyte

Yeah...

Post by Neophyte »

That's what mine does. On my bicyle I've got a much cheaper computer which switches off after a few minutes and comes on when you start moving. My BC800 always stays on, if it's on the bike or not.
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Welshy,
Hope you have pressed in the reset button on the back? Small button push it with pen point to initiate setting first, the sigma comes with a blank screen.
welshy

Post by welshy »

Yep, done that. Tried pushing all the buttons seperatley, together etc to turn the bloody thing on. My guessing is that its a dud battery, but should be getting a new one sent tomorrow.

Anybody had problems with using the rear fitting kit?