Rear CCT????

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
W@zzA

Rear CCT????

Post by W@zzA »

Bought a pair but only changed the front one :!: Has anyone had a rear one let go :?: Shall I change it or leave alone and keep it for a spare :?:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

How did you change it, did ya just whip it out or wot?

Del.
W@zzA

CCT

Post by W@zzA »

Don't worry Del I'm an engineer it got done properly :!: Just wanted to know if anyones had problems with rear one and if I should change it :?:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

ok, do them both as it's the spring that breaks.

did ya take a cam cover off then? just curious

Del.
W@zzA

CCT

Post by W@zzA »

No, If you take out the sparkplug of the opposing cylinder to the cct your changing you can turn it over by hand and feel the compressionon every other revolution, then you can line up the TDC marks on compression stroke :idea: This was a tip from a Honda mechanic.
After I changed it I took out both plugs and turned it over very slowly by hand just to double check :!: To anyone else out there If youre not confident don't do it Dels yer man for the job.
If anyone has a haynes manual rip the cct bit out cos its bollox, I remember following their procedure step by step on a Z900 years ago and bent the valves :cry:

Warren