Drivers using mobiles face prison!

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Drivers using mobiles face prison!

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Whilst I have little sympathy for the muppets who do this in built up areas etc, given that bluetooth headsets etc are so cheap now, 2 years prison is more than these little b8stard get for stealing a car under the influence of drugs/no licence/reckless driving etc.

This afternoo, a pratt who stood in front of an emergency ambulance with a heart attack victim on board, just for the fun of stopping it, got 4 months. That should be nearer two years IMHO
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

bummer!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
cashy

Post by cashy »

you shouldn't worry about us truck drivers, I drive one of the big car transportors where the cars either look like they'll fall off or bounce off!! :twisted:
Some of us do use bluetooth headsets, and anyway after a little hit and miss training you can text, eat a buttie make a cuppa and still drive, its amazing what cruise control can help with!!! :oops:

And its the other numpties on the road that make us look bad sometimes :oops: !

Not my truck or me asleep in picture!!!!!!

Wroey

Post by Wroey »

Its all well and good the CPS flexing their muscles when it comes to theoretically prosecuting people, but in reality it’s just not going to happen.

For the offence of dangerous driving the person effectively “driving dangerously” needs to fall below the standard of driving that is deemed acceptable to Mr & Mrs average. So if person committing the offence is purely driving along the using a handheld communication device without loosing effective control of the vehicle then they are not committing dangerous driving, just a lesser offence of due care.

For the CPS to take on a case of dangerous driving there needs to be evidence from normally numerous sources saying that the standard of driving was well below a level they would deem acceptable and that they were personally in fear that if the person continued driving at that standard then they would cause injury or damage to persons or property.

This is nothing new, it’s just the Governments attempt to scare people into not using a mobile phone when driving as they know the figures show that people still do it and most of the time get away with it.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

What wroey said. Thats why they just brought in Death by Careless because it is so difficult to prove dangerous and too many killer drivers were walking.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.