The final Big G.T. update

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Blimey! Banbury wont know whats hit it. :D
For info of anyone who dosen't know Banbury and wants to meet up, The cross is on the A4260 junction with the B4035. As I'm sure tank range will get mentioned at least once during the day :roll: you may want to consider that a couple of petrol stations have closed recently but if you are coming into Banbury on the A4260 from the south Sainsburys on the outskirts of town will be open. If you're coming in from the North or the Motorway junction side Tescoes is your best bet. From Tescoes just follow the signs for the town centre and youll bump into the cross. For anyone thinking of warming their bike up on route :twisted: , There is a speed camera on the A4260 at the Banbury end of a short stretch of dual carriageway just South of Deddington :cry: . If you use the B4525 from the West ( a fantastic biking road :x )there are a couple of cameras within about 5 miles of Banbury :cry: .
I'm hoping somone knows where the venue is at Allcester or we could all be going round in circles for the day :oops: .
All the best
Phil :wink:
andyh

Post by andyh »

Hi Phil,
I know where it is, it's on the other side of the road to Ragley Hall.

andyh.
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Cheers Andy. Thats us sorted then. See you on the day
Phil
andy c

Post by andy c »

Be in touch nearer the day to sort things out but we will have to meet up and make a day of storming around the countryside
Firestormin

Post by Firestormin »

Effin brilliant!! Knew you boyz wouldn't let me down! Currently have 23 definites subject to snow and I suspect there's still a few stragglers to sign on ...like smokin Joe and his mate...so ya never know, 30 storm all in the same place must be a heartwarming site/sound. Can't wait!! :D :D :D

Cheers all

J

P.S. Cheers Phil 4 kind words on MCN site! :oops: Lookin forward to meetin u at last....don't make a mess of Banbury and make sure u guys all get there in one piece!!!! :wink:
Anyone seen the plot!?
chromedome

Post by chromedome »

I'll be heading up from Bicester so to the guys meeting in Banbury, if you don't mind, I'll hook up with you.

It will be good to ride out in a group again; all my biking mates have either sold their bikes or, like my current track day partner, moved abroad.

I hope that's not a reflection on me!
dynamite

hi

Post by dynamite »

Cromedome do u live in Bicester?Yarni10 just e-mailed me saying that u meeting him in bicester at 9 so i'll be there aswell.I have a red storm with red and black checkerd lowers,hugger,tinted screen and twin port blue flame cans.have u seen me about????I cant recall seeing u around bicester.

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
chromedome

Post by chromedome »

Yeh, I've lived in Bicester for nearly 4 years. I originally had a black Firestorm, but that was killed opposite the fire station. I now have a red one like yourself. Not only do we live in Bicester and have red 'Storms, but I'm called Matt as well! You can see two images of me at Donnington in the Track Day gallery (first two pictures, I think).

My bike has Art low-level oval cans, Maxton fork upgrade and PFM supersport disks. The cans will soon be replaced by a set of high level Staintunes. I haven't seen another red 'Storm in Bicester, but I think that someone in Bure Park has a black one.

Next time you ride up the Banbury Road, when you get to the Bure Park roundabout give me a kill switch backfire - I'm sure to hear it as I can see the roundabout from my living room!

I arranged to meet Yarni at either Tesco or the Acorn Pub, so hope to see you there too.

Cheers

Matt
andyh

feed my belly !!!!

Post by andyh »

Hi Phil, is there any good cafe's in Banbury open about 9am ? I seem to ride a lot better when the bike is a bit top heavy ! Some of the other guys might be ready for some grub as well, by the time they get up here maybe ?

cheers andyh.
Firestormin

Post by Firestormin »

Hi Andy

Phil is off on a course til Friday 17th so unlikely to answer but I'd imagine that someone out there who's agreed to go to Banbury first must know of a local 'greasy spoon'!

Soundz like you need fuelin' up as much as your storm! :wink:

Cheers

J
Anyone seen the plot!?
dynamite

andy

Post by dynamite »

Theres a marks and sparks with a cafe upstairs or mcdonalds and theres afew places in shopping center

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
RAINMAKER

G.T

Post by RAINMAKER »

Your right MCN very slow. Is anyone going from East Yorks area, would like to ride in group rather than on my own. VTR in this area seem rare, so someone give us a call............ 8O
curly

Post by curly »

Hi,

If I can get the day off work i'll be going from Cleethorpes, not far from Hull. We could ride down together. I'll let you know.
Curly.
RAINMAKER

meet for GT

Post by RAINMAKER »

Hi Curly, how about meeting at Humberbridge car park, north bank or somewhere on route if you don't want to cross bridge, can come over to south bank if know where to meet. Paul
nobbyk

Post by nobbyk »

Hi guys

I can't make it, workin!
can someone PLEASE take some pics of the event so all of us can see what we missed out on? :x

cheers

Nob
Remember, never put off till t'moz what you can do today. If you do it today, you can do it again t'moz!! Just a thought!