Metzeler sportec tyres.......

General Biker Banter
VeetyR

Metzeler sportec tyres.......

Post by VeetyR »

I tried these for the first time last time i needed to change my tyres.

Verdict?? ... they are great tyres, everything you could ask for from a rubber hoop :) . They do have one major flaw tho. The rear needs changing again real soon and i have done less than 1000 miles on it!!!! :x

Yes thats right "less than" 1000miles approx 800 or somit. To me that is just disgusting longevity from a road tyre and i will be making the switch back to bridgestones asap.

Has anybody tried the 021 dual compounds yet?? i used to have 020's and IMO they were the best tyres i have ever used and would like some feedback on the new model if poss. :D

Thx VeetyR ( john'o )
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
simon t

Post by simon t »

I've used Bridgestone sports/touring on the back and sports on the front and it worked well for me nice balance between wear and turn-in. I do about 5000 miles a year, so replacing the rear every 4-6 months isn't an option (£££). I've got BT021s on both ends at the moment and they seem fine to me (though this summer hasn't exactly been great for taking it to the limit) and should be good for a year's biking.
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

Oh well following on from this i was going to buy the 021's when a freind of mine offered up a 300 mile pair of dunlop 207's for £20

Needless to say my wallet got the better of me and i have given them a shot.....Too early for a breakdown of how they are but initial feel is good, They are slower to turn in than the metzelers and seem to have decent enough grip. I will let ya know what i think.....anyone else tried these??

VeetyR john'o
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

I had dunlops on my blade, hated them, don't trust them in the wet, I found they skipped about very easily, I lost my confidence in the blade because of them. Think I only got about 1500 miles on the rear too.

Now have michelin pilot sports and it feels like a new bike 8) although getting rid of the chicken strips is proving very difficult :twisted:
clutchmonkey

Post by clutchmonkey »

I'm with nutty tart on this one. 207's were awful compared to the pilot sports. No feel and no confidence in the wet.

Only have about 5mm of chicken strip left on the Michelins now :D
lee67

Post by lee67 »

pilot roads for me.....hard riding 2 up on a tl1000s..saw 14000 miles on a front and 6500 on a rear...storm has avon's on, but will replace with pilot roads again once worn...the pilots' grip great in dry or wet, dont square off..and last yonks as above :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ditto
as Clutch Monkey and Nutty on the Dunslop. Ok when new but half worn or wet , rubbish. But for 20 quid I'd say run em for the first thousand miles and then bin them half worn.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Pilot Sports done 'bout 600 miles now no signs of wear having trouble even wearing the chicken pips off, all the wax has gone right down to the edge though without any drama.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.