homeless guy shot dead by police in LA

General Biker Banter
Big_Jim59

Re: homeless guy shot dead by police in LA

Post by Big_Jim59 »

bigtwinthing wrote:To be honest where ever you are, if you carry any sort of weapon, be it a club, gun or knife, whether your using it, carrying it for threat or protection you are expecting some sort of conflict and it will end messy. Any body who carries a weapon and threatens anybody must expect some crap to come back. people saying they have a gun must expect to be shot by Cops, or another gun toting looney. If you brandish any weapon you surely must expect the consequences if the Law or anther person has the same.

People get into fights all the time, if you leave 2 guys fighting with no weapons and no intervention, they will beat ten bales out of each other until 1 is supreme so to speak. Weapons normally make a fight shorter. Normally. Arguments escalate and having weapons makes it messy.

it can be a violent world.
Well said. We have Concealed Carry License (CCL) here. You can take a class, pass the shooting and proficiency part of the exam and get a license to carry concealed. I know there are people who feel the need to carry but I don't understand it. Like you said a fight with weapons is usually short and ugly. It's funny but the class consists of where you can't carry and how much your life will be ruined if you shoot someone, even if it is a good shoot and you are justified.

Why allow CCLs at all? It makes criminals thing twice because they don't know who is armed and who is not. By giving the general public the opportunity to be armed a criminal cannot calculate the threat.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I had to post this somewhere and I didn't want to start another thread for a topic unrelated to motorcycles but. . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ammad.html

It seems that they were having a 'Draw Muhammad' art contest in Garland, Texas, just down the road from where I live. It seems that a couple of guys got mad about it and decided to protect the reputation of the prophet by killing people. They ended up dead. People say a lot of things about Texas but the cops (and many of the citizens) are armed and they will shoot back. In this case everyone wins. The citizens are safe. Free speech is protected and two guy get to be martyrs for their faith. The only tragedy was that a security guard got shot in the leg.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mental :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

cybercarl wrote:Mental :roll:

Actually it's mental on both sides. The sponsors of the event are hard core crazy and the shooters are as well. As you say, "mental."
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Big_Jim59 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Mental :roll:

Actually it's mental on both sides. The sponsors of the event are hard core crazy and the shooters are as well. As you say, "mental."
I agree.

I bet the local police (probably hoping for a quiet weekend?) were thrilled when they heard about this event :roll: .

trouble is these extremists don't seem to mind getting shot :eek2
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

lumpyv wrote:I bet the local police (probably hoping for a quiet weekend?) were thrilled when they heard about this event :roll: .

trouble is these extremists don't seem to mind getting shot :eek2
My wife and I were watching the Simon Pegg movie Hot Fuzz (funny as hell by the way) and he makes a statement that is so true for all cop "This is going to cause a lot of paper work." No cop goes on duty looking to shoot someone because at the very least it is a huge amount of paper work!