what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
NHSH

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by NHSH »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
NHSH wrote:Installed a new 12 pack lithium Ion battery, courtesy of Jamie Daugherty and RB Batteries, awesome cranking power and weighs exactly one kilo and then went for a mid day ride for couple hours.... now all I need is :beer: and relax 8)
let us all know how you get on with the battery dude......i've heard they can struggle thru winter?
went for a little ride over to carls this evening, only had 2 cars try and kill me, which ain't bad in central london, i need to sort out the low down fuelling as it wants to cut out when i pull away. but once on the move its fine, totally standard set up except for the race cans.
Sure thing, I will keep you posted, as far as I know from Tweety in Sweden, where it's rrrreally cold that it doe's work in freezing conditions, the first crank maybe slow as the battery warms it self up under heavy load and the second crank will start easy, but we shall see :wink:
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
chric

Post by chric »

Fitted new hugger
Got bike back from neil and wow is all i can say turns out i've had bolts upside down on exhausts for months :oops: thats why it was spluttering :lol:
Carbs done oil and filters changed like a new bike and the remus cans sound awsome fitted correct and lined up correct
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
seb421

Post by seb421 »

chric wrote:Fitted new hugger
Got bike back from neil and wow is all i can say turns out i've had bolts upside down on exhausts for months :oops: thats why it was spluttering :lol:
Carbs done oil and filters changed like a new bike and the remus cans sound awsome fitted correct and lined up correct
Pictures we need pictures for this one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you had the exhausts upside down............ :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Discovered some pikey has nabbed a few parts off my bike while I was at work. I discovered I had no oil filler cap thing on a roundabout....
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Virt wrote:Discovered some pikey has nabbed a few parts off my bike while I was at work. I discovered I had no oil filler cap thing on a roundabout....
wombles use it as an excuse get a nice racing one then you can lock wire it to something stop it happening again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

gave it a spanking and dropped a knee for the first time this year :D .
gave it a wash
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:Discovered some pikey has nabbed a few parts off my bike while I was at work. I discovered I had no oil filler cap thing on a roundabout....
more likely kids
i had a chrome ariel stolen of my car in salou a fews years back, thieving scumbags....... :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:gave it a spanking and dropped a knee for the first time this year :D .
gave it a wash
What your knee ???? You washed your knee for the first time this year ???? You dirty pikey bastid !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
chric

Post by chric »

No they where the right way round just the bolts where wrong so it had never been tightend correct since last year and where all slanted and not center.
I've now given up on owt diy i just wombles stuff up like this hugger somet dont seem right :problem: :think:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:
lloydie wrote:gave it a spanking and dropped a knee for the first time this year :D .
gave it a wash
What your knee ???? You washed your knee for the first time this year ???? You dirty pikey bastid !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yep it kneeded it :wink: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popped over to carls early this morning, the bike was running very poorly, popping and banging like a good'un.
we planned to do some carb tinkering anyways. after a tinker we found one of the vacuum pipes had come off at the carb.... :eek2
hence the poor running. a wee tune up later and she running great.... :thumbup:
we even managed to de flower carls new dremel, so no more NOT FOR ROAD USE.... :lol:
only a couple of minor cosmetic issues to sort out and i'm said to say she'll be up for sale, then i'll be concentrating on the spondon bike.
fingers crossed i'll still have her for the monopoly run, but if i don't i've been promised the use of a friends bike.
i'm a happy bunny.... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:popped over to carls early this morning, the bike was running very poorly, popping and banging like a good'un.
we planned to do some carb tinkering anyways. after a tinker we found one of the vacuum pipes had come off at the carb.... :eek2
we even managed to de flower carls new dremel, so no more NOT FOR ROAD USE.... :lol:
You surprise me Marty, you've only just deflowered Carl, you two seem to have been a Item for so long now, I do hope he's not too sore...

Ohh his dremel...oopps sorry... :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:popped over to carls early this morning, the bike was running very poorly, popping and banging like a good'un.
You surprise me Marty, you've only just deflowered Carl, you two seem to have been a Item for so long now, I do hope he's not too sore...

i like to wine and dine them first mac, i'm considerate like that.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wine and wombles dine. What's that then. You eat and drink the other persons food as well. :lol:

Yep front vacuum take off not a vacuum pipe on the carbs. And why did it come off. Because I cut a bit of vacuum hose off the other day to attach to my bleeding syringe hose. So when a certain weeble was putting the vaccum back on the tank, they pulled it too much which pulled the front out. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside