What's scared the living crap out of you today ?.

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: What's scared the living crap out of you today ?.

Post by lloydie »

There way a good amount of gravy found !!

Maybe the nun was driving the Lorry !
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

I don't know you Lloydie but you ain't the only one to get a close call. I have had too many. Some of my mates didn't survive theirs.

Why don't you just calm down and ride a bike within your own sensible limits and within a smidgen of the law and just enjoy it. There is absolute no need to rag it every where at speed. Keep it for the track like I do.

I ride my bike on the road at my limits and by thinking if it can happen, it will and just survive. There is an art to it. Expect everything can and will happen and prepare for it at all times.

regards

Hondo (aka Andy)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What scared the living crap out of me today?

Waking up and realising I was still alive. :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

reading my blood sugar levels since i started insulin last week :sad2 . clean scared the sh1t outa me :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hondo wrote:I don't know you Lloydie but you ain't the only one to get a close call. I have had too many. Some of my mates didn't survive theirs.

Why don't you just calm down and ride a bike within your own sensible limits and within a smidgen of the law and just enjoy it. There is absolute no need to rag it every where at speed. Keep it for the track like I do.

I ride my bike on the road at my limits and by thinking if it can happen, it will and just survive. There is an art to it. Expect everything can and will happen and prepare for it at all times.

regards

Hondo (aka Andy)
I wish I could just potter about on bikes , never been able to ,maybe in a few years .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:
Hondo wrote:I don't know you Lloydie but you ain't the only one to get a close call. I have had too many. Some of my mates didn't survive theirs.

regards

Hondo (aka Andy)
I wish I could just potter about on bikes , never been able to ,maybe in a few years .
My age you mean !!!. i am enjoying the CBF i actually don't think Liam much slower but its s superb riding position and i can see so much further ahead etc.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I won't get to your age ! Well I might now lol .
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

bigtwinthing wrote:
lloydie wrote: I wish I could just potter about on bikes , never been able to ,maybe in a few years .
My age you mean !!!. i am enjoying the CBF i actually don't think Liam much slower but its s superb riding position and i can see so much further ahead etc.
Exactly that. Lloydie I'm sure you have skill, in buckets; but it's more about style. Racetrack lines on the road don't work. Have you seen how good bike coppers ride? They do not hang around but they do it in a different way. It's all about position, visibility and anticipating the hazards.

Many years ago I did a ride with a bike copper out of Alpeton. I was on a ZZR1100 and he was on a clunky old beemer. Could I lose him? Could I feck.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I did ride the vision line around the roads but them badgers can be fast fookers !
Sure I was going fast and I think if I was going that bit slower I would be dead ! Faster and I would of made it clean !
Still I'm alive to ride another day (if it ever comes ) [THUMBS UP SIGN]
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

get an 80's bike to get you around, have something to tinker in the garage and also keep the NCB.
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:get an 80's bike to get you around, have something to tinker in the garage and also keep the NCB.
I may have to go and get a c90 lol
Got my mates looking in there units for a little 50-125
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Have you seen how good bike coppers ride? They do not hang around but they do it in a different way. It's all about position, visibility and anticipating the hazards.
Totally agree. One has to give them respect simply for the way they can ride.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i did a thing with the Police years ago called "The edge" he followed and videoed etc, said where you went wrong, advised and told you the line, you then went back out later. t was fantastic. I was on a ZX9 he was on a 900cc beemer. He lost me on the last run. They can certainly ride.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

AMCQ46 wrote:get an 80's bike to get you around, have something to tinker in the garage and also keep the NCB.
Totally agree...the way to go :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:
I may have to go and get a c90 lol
Got my mates looking in there units for a little 50-125
How about this one Lloydie...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbi ... 1180482859

8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...