Flat bars or Tuono!!!

General Bike chat
popkat

Re: Flat bars or Tuono!!!

Post by popkat »

Or there's the Tuono 125 :biggrin
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

popkat wrote:Or there's the Tuono 125 :biggrin
Probably more power than I can deal with :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:
lloydie wrote:Or a goldwing:-)
Piss off! Would rather let you do me dry :lol:
That could be arranged;-)
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:
Watty wrote:
lloydie wrote:Or a goldwing:-)
Piss off! Would rather let you do me dry :lol:
That could be arranged;-)
8O :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:martyappleything,
happy to let you use mine in Devon
thanks for the offer Al, atm i'm ok on the storm, I did the trip to wales and back the other day, about 250 each way, and with 3 little stops along the way, it was easy enough. i'm just thinking of ways to make the bike a little more comfy, I highly recommend the flip screen for anyone having to do motorway miles.
but I can think of one minor issue with higher bars, because of my rotund figure, I find there's a fair bit of difference involving my body position when cornering, leaning forward into the corner puts more weight over the front wheel, giving much better feedback. but if I don't lean forward the front feels vague. by raising the bars I doubt i'll be able to put as much weight over the front wheel as I do now.
I know you're a wee slip of a lad Al, but did you notice any difference when you did the high bars, or is it something you can adjust to?
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:martyappleything,
happy to let you use mine in Devon
thanks for the offer Al, atm i'm ok on the storm, I did the trip to wales and back the other day, about 250 each way, and with 3 little stops along the way, it was easy enough. i'm just thinking of ways to make the bike a little more comfy, I highly recommend the flip screen for anyone having to do motorway miles.
but I can think of one minor issue with higher bars, because of my rotund figure, I find there's a fair bit of difference involving my pody position when cornering, leaning forward into the corner puts more weight over the front wheel, giving much better feedback. but if I don't lean forward the front feels vague. by raising the bars I doubt i'll be able to put as much weight over the front wheel as I do now.
I know you're a wee slip of a lad Al, but did you notice any difference when you did the high bars, or is it something you can adjust to?
Good question Marty :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The front is lighter and more twitchy ,I had to drop the front a bit to stabilise it even when leaning on the front in bends .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:The front is lighter and more twitchy ,I had to drop the front a bit to stabilise it even when leaning on the front in bends .

and your weight is not so much over the front and your a tad more upright its wheelies easier :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

And easier to input to much into the bars .but wheelie good fun .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:The front is lighter and more twitchy ,I had to drop the front a bit to stabilise it even when leaning on the front in bends .

same, i dropped the forks a bit more and reduced the preload. I ride the front end as well, so this worked fine to get reconnected
AMcQ