sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Bikes your dad had/has.

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:
Big_Jim59 wrote:
Jamoi wrote:No one in my family have any interest in bikes :(

Yet I'm bike mad. Odd
Same here. I grew up in a family where bikes were thought of as dangerous and anti-social. My mom still thinks it's a "phase" I am going through designed to tick her off (as if I am still a teen.) I had to buy my first bike in bits in order to get it in under the radar. They thought I would never get it running so it was OK. They were so wrong. I am the only one in the family that if bike mad.

Jim
Snap!
And I'm not to sure too sure I'm happy when a lot of the bikes some folks are listing as "bike their dad had" are the same as bikes I had 8O

Pete.l
:lol: well said Pete :thumbup:

The same for me too, as in no one in our family had any bikes when were growing up. I do remember many years ago when my Dad borrowed a Mobylette moped (from a mate of mine) to go to work on one day when his car was off the road :)

Chris.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Like so many of you none of my relatives had motorcycles. apart from my late Aunty who let me ride pillion at an early age. she was quite a lady, she toured around Europe several time in the late fifties through to the late seventies on a vespa/lambretta 150cc (not sure which) so I think I should thank her for giving me the "biking bug".
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

My dad had loads of BSAs, then gave them up when we kids came along. Then had a little Suzuki trail bike in the 70s, then when I got my first LC he bought a BMW R80, then a K1, then a Kawasaki Z750, sold it three years ago, still goes on about getting another!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

my old uncle Brian , he's now 82 was in the raf sometime in the 50,s and didn't really like going back after leave.

he used to have to ride from Saxmundham , Suffolk to somewhere near Blackpool . returning from leave he had to be back for 8 am on the Monday.

because he didn't like it he said he would leave in the middle of the night to get there for about 7 am . all this with no motorways and on an ancient bsa 250 single!!

Don't think I would fancy it, he said he just went from village to village and town to town on A and B roads. driving east to west in this country still isn't that easy !
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

my dad had a zx7-r stolen 6 months after he bought it and I thought hed given up on bikes after that. He never had one for a couple of years and then came home with a storm!

fortunately he paved the way for me as after he sold it 6 years ago I went and found it and bought it back! I just loved it so much when he had it I was obsessed about it! just couldn't let the big beautiful yellow b*tch go!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

AndyEames wrote:my dad had a zx7-r stolen 6 months after he bought it and I thought hed given up on bikes after that. He never had one for a couple of years and then came home with a storm!

fortunately he paved the way for me as after he sold it 6 years ago I went and found it and bought it back! I just loved it so much when he had it I was obsessed about it! just couldn't let the big beautiful yellow b*tch go!!
That's the best thing about riding with friends/family and swapping bikes. My dad absolutely loves my storm, used to love stealing it for a few days before I insured myself on it. He came very close to buying one for himself, but got a Mille instead which he didn't agree with as much..

Still waiting for him to buy one, as he hasn't nicked rode mine for ages :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement