HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Re: New bike today

Post by seb421 »

Looks good buddy :thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
popkat

Post by popkat »

Miztaziggy wrote:

04 blade, very snatchy throttle, feels like cush rubbers are knackered but they're not, it's the crude fuel injection. many of them used oil too.

04 GSXR1000, smooth throttle, never use any oil, superior track bike to the blade in standard form, more roomy and comfortable on the road, pulls massive wheelies at will (it's in it's gene's :lol: )
It was an RR6 I had, and it had a really nice throttle. Didn't feel snatchy to me at all...

GSXR feels smooth at normal speeds but at low speeds feels awful compared to the blade. It jumps about all over the place. The guy I got it from gave me a retardation mod thing that goes under the tank. Little electronic box. I will give it a go plugging it in, though not sure it'll work.

[/quote]

I've ridden them with TRE's fitted and not noticed much, when I had mine I fitted the GI-PRO it totally cured the low speed running, it's also the only "real time" gear indicator, all built in one unit.
when you get it to the garage get him to sync the throttle bodies as well as set the correct chain tension, check cush rubbers and sprocket carrier bearing. the bike should be smooth every where but with a bit of surging at low speed, in slow traffic situations (until you fit the GI-PRO)

*I'm nothing to do with Gi-pro, nor do I sell them, just found it worked better than anything else.

Suspension is firmer on that model, they softened things off for the K5, the K4 was more track focused meaning you don't require much mods to take them on track, your guy should be able to get you a good setting, do raise the rear though as I said it will make the bike work much better :wink:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I did have a gi pro on the blade. Maybe that's why it felt so smooth?

I will definitely look into getting another for the gsxr

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
seb421

Post by seb421 »

What's the Gi pro do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

darkember wrote:I just don't quite get it. You move from a Blade, better in all facets than a Suzi no offence to the Suzi they do have slick gear boxes but that is about it. Worried about binning it; well just ride sensibly. For £3K you could have had 2 storms, bin one still got another & a shed load of parts :D :D
Personally I would have kept the blade, suzukis are ok, but I much prefer Hondas.

No offence to people here who own Suzukis but ( not in my own words ) Suzuki sports bike do get called chavs sportsbike.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

StormingHonda wrote:
darkember wrote:I just don't quite get it. You move from a Blade, better in all facets than a Suzi no offence to the Suzi they do have slick gear boxes but that is about it. Worried about binning it; well just ride sensibly. For £3K you could have had 2 storms, bin one still got another & a shed load of parts :D :D
Personally I would have kept the blade, suzukis are ok, but I much prefer Hondas.

No offence to people here who own Suzukis but ( not in my own words ) Suzuki sports bike do get called chavs sportsbike.
Said the man in chaps, striding towards his Harley, with my shirt in his hand, not riding today, just a bit more polishing.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:

Said the man in chaps, striding towards his Harley, with my shirt in his hand, not riding today, just a bit more polishing.
1. Chavs cant afford Harleys
2. I dont own a Harley anymore.
3. I polish an X11 now :mrgreen:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

StormingHonda wrote:

I normally agree. I prefer Hondas too.

The Suzuki just fits what I want, though I am certainly not a chav.

It's comfortable as a road bike, it's 1000CC and fast enough for what I want, and it's apparently a track beast. All in one bike for me :)
popkat

Post by popkat »

seb421 wrote:What's the Gi pro do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GI-PRO Atre, which we're talking about here is a timing retard eliminator (basically takes restrictions off in the first couple of gears by tricking the ECU into thinking it's in 5th gear.. It's a real time gear position indicator (not like the acumen or datatool that scroll around a lot) and it can remove the 186mph limit on the speedo if you want. Lastly on K3/4 1000'S it cures a bit of surging.

You don't need it on your K5, you already have a standard gear indicator and your bike doesn't need the other benefits.. well you could remove the speed limit but surely 186mph is more than enough and it's rumoured the bikes keep accelerating when the speedo stops anyway.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Miztaziggy wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:

I normally agree. I prefer Hondas too.

The Suzuki just fits what I want, though I am certainly not a chav.

It's comfortable as a road bike, it's 1000CC and fast enough for what I want, and it's apparently a track beast. All in one bike for me :)
Horses for courses an all that, to be honest that chav thing was tongue in cheek, I have had people say that, but I never saw the connection :D
seb421

Post by seb421 »

The ultimate chav bike has gotta the be R6 if there was a Chav's bike?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
seb421

Post by seb421 »

just found this track weapon with all the bits on it for bugger all money!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... to-content

This one only has 7723 on the clock which is really good for a 2006 bike.
Now these are great as standard machines but this one is a little special in my opinion with some of the extras that have been added:

Yoshimura tri-oval exhaust (new this year)
Bazzaz ECU
Bazzaz traction control
Bazzaz quickshifter
NRC Hardened engine casings
Ohlins steering damper
Bridgestone bt003 tyres
R and G crash protection
Stomp grips
Tinted screen
R and G tail tidy

Wonder why its so cheap? looks decent you think it could be stolen?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

seb421 wrote:just found this track weapon with all the bits on it for bugger all money!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... to-content

This one only has 7723 on the clock which is really good for a 2006 bike.
Now these are great as standard machines but this one is a little special in my opinion with some of the extras that have been added:

Yoshimura tri-oval exhaust (new this year)
Bazzaz ECU
Bazzaz traction control
Bazzaz quickshifter
NRC Hardened engine casings
Ohlins steering damper
Bridgestone bt003 tyres
R and G crash protection
Stomp grips
Tinted screen
R and G tail tidy

Wonder why its so cheap? looks decent you think it could be stolen?
No v5? No frame or engine numbers? Might be why it's cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2