Streetfighter conversion

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: Streetfighter conversion

Post by MacV2 »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

How much ?

Step away from the workshop...please for the love of god put the tools down !

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbi ... 1151394646

8O :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

My eyes hurt....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I rest my case & suggest the seller starts a course of 'Reality' pills & a course in English...

Still he thiunks 'it make it look nice...' So thats all good then... :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TravisZack wrote:You know what I mean... SSSA, small tail unit, chrome everything and usually some dominator lights. All just for the sake of it, it defeats the point of personalising as it looks like every other street fighter. That's the reason I wouldn't do it anyway. If you do those standard street-fighter mods then step back and think "that's awesome, I did that..." then winner, it's not a problem!
I fully appreciate and get what you're saying, but on the other-hand most things have been done at one time or another, even if not all on the same bike. It has to be down to personal choice, as you say what you're happy with.
TravisZack wrote:My storm has aftermarket cans and a double bubble screen, like every motorbike ever. Even the re-worked forks, carbs and other little tweaks are all fairly standard changes, so I'm not saying mine stands out as being different. My approach to making it naked (not a "fighter") would be as I described earlier, keeping it as OEM as possible, but that's just my taste. I can appreciate all sorts of things if they're done well technically, the fit and finish etc. I don't know who's the bike in the pic is or if it's even finished but things like the rad bracket and seat gap make it look a bit rushed, and the seat unit itself is too pointy for the bike.

But hey, it's all opinion :thumbup:
That bike I posted a photo of was from an ebay advert I came across. I agree the seat arrange is not to my liking either (which I mentioned in an earlier post) and there are a few other things I would change, IE like fitting a front mudguard (like you say it may not be completely finished as it is in the photo), although it looks good IMHO without one.

Thanks for your reply, interesting to hear your views and some good points made :thumbup:

Chris.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

MacV2 wrote:
.....As said shouldn't be too much of a problem if you avoid long M-way hauls & speeds above 50ish...
Personally speaking, these days I ride for pleasure. But I ride quite a lot.

I avoid motorways like the plague, because, for me, that defeats the object of riding for pleasure. But I'm not sure why you feel 50mph is the limit to enjoy naked bikes? Personally speaking, the force of the wind on your chest is a great feeling. Each to their own for sure, but I can't agree with the 50mph thing.

Btw I'm not disputing that fairings are more efficient aerodynamically speaking. I can't dispute that because it's a fact! But there is a certain pleasure to be had from being out there in the breeze. For me, without it a certain amount of pleasure is removed from the biking experience. Interesting discussion though.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Dendrob wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
.....As said shouldn't be too much of a problem if you avoid long M-way hauls & speeds above 50ish...
Personally speaking, these days I ride for pleasure. But I ride quite a lot.

I avoid motorways like the plague, because, for me, that defeats the object of riding for pleasure. But I'm not sure why you feel 50mph is the limit to enjoy naked bikes? Personally speaking, the force of the wind on your chest is a great feeling. Each to their own for sure, but I can't agree with the 50mph thing.

Btw I'm not disputing that fairings are more efficient aerodynamically speaking. I can't dispute that because it's a fact! But there is a certain pleasure to be had from being out there in the breeze. For me, without it a certain amount of pleasure is removed from the biking experience. Interesting discussion though.

I think "Poppers" said it but Streetfighters used to be, crashed sports bikes, cheaply put back on the road. However nowadays there made sometimes to look superb some and most look shite. Regarding naked bikes, well i have a really small screen that stops it "waggling" at a high speed and it does work. My touring days are over, but i love the CB so much aim going to france this year hopefully for 5 days just around the WW1 sites and into Belgium etc. The bike will be fine and i don't think i will be doing 50 unless i have too. I like the buffeting effect a bit. I don't do South of France or Italy any more though. Well i do but on a plane. I do like the idea of sending the bike over and flying to Italy etc and riding round for 2 weeks then flying back to meet the bike. I can still happily do 400 miles a day on the cb i expect i will on the Ops Storm Devon trip if i can't stop over.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

I've found that buffeting problems BEGIN when you add a fairing, or any object. That's stating the obvious, I know, but I've found that with nothing higher than the handlebars there's no object to cause turbulence at chest height and above. Hence one encounters laminar air flow. I don't deny that the trade off is a force applied to said body area (and a consequent rise in aero drag) but it's a trade off I actually like. Some bikes I've ridden with plastic above the handlebars cause chronic wind buffeting. A horrible sensation. Give me laminar flow any day! :D

Just generally on the topic of "streetfighter ing" (that term, like "cafe racer", is sometimes too restrictive a description), it's a fact of recent times that the "best" bikes always have plastic on them. I say "best" meaning chassis, wheels, brakes, suspension and engine tune. So for someone who places value on these things, but doesn't like fairings or plastic in general, then what's a person to do? (OK, while that's true, it is also just a convenient excuse :lol: )
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i didn't understand much of the above sorry! :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

MacV2 wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

How much ?

Saw that on eBay! Couldn not quite believe it!!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

bigtwinthing wrote:i didn't understand much of the above sorry! :lol:
It's da whey oi tell em. :lol:

:oops:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote:

How much ?

I also just saw this on ebay, the owners having a bubble...... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:
StormyRob wrote:

How much ?

I also just saw this on ebay, the owners having a bubble...... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR1000 ... 1915550948?

I've just asked a ? lets see if I get a bite...?