fukyfukfuk fek...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: fukyfukfuk fek...

Post by MacV2 »

Damm & DOH !! Chris...

I wasn't annoyed I was feking furious with myself ! You should have heard the language in side my head... :lol: :lol:

If there is a funny side from this it's all the ''I done that''...posts & PM's so far...Jamie's is best so far even if it was self inflicted...the Yoof of today ect...

Chris I will check to see if I have a spare G-Leaver in stock...I know I have a compleate set of front hanger's but might have a lone GL had a brake but sold that to Malc...I'll have a look later.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

jeez!
I go away for a few days and you all start throwing your bikes at the deck 8O
Ya bunch of doughnuts! glad you are all okay....well, physically at least :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:Damm & DOH !! Chris...

I wasn't annoyed I was feking furious with myself ! You should have heard the language in side my head... :lol: :lol:

If there is a funny side from this it's all the ''I done that''...posts & PM's so far...Jamie's is best so far even if it was self inflicted...the Yoof of today ect...

Chris I will check to see if I have a spare G-Leaver in stock...I know I have a compleate set of front hanger's but might have a lone GL had a brake but sold that to Malc...I'll have a look later.

Mac
:lol: I was the same, so annoyed with myself, and feeling rather stupid. At least a guy in his mid twenties come over to offer his help which I was impressed with, although by the time he got to me I had already picked the bike up.

If you can have a look for a lone gear lever that would be great Mac :thumbup: You don't want to be splitting up a complete set,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:jeez!
I go away for a few days and you all start throwing your bikes at the deck 8O
Ya bunch of doughnuts! glad you are all okay....well, physically at least :wink:

Pete.l
Cheers Pete :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bloody hell , why is everyone dropping or crashing there bikes this year ?!.
Least it's not bad and easy repair.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Stay away from me you lot, it might be contagious at this rate

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I dropped mine last week as well, zero mph, I was sitting on the bike, I thought i'd put the stand down properly, but I hadn't, over it went, just a small mark on the mirror and a little chunk out of the clutch lever, I managed to lift the bike myself, bloody hard work tho.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
wall.j

Post by wall.j »

I did the same last weekend attempting a turn in the road. Only had the bike a couple of days, and it's a little heavier that my 650. Needless to say, it ended up on its side, resting against the standard exhaust and I still had a hold of the handle bars... I whipped it back up quick, and hurt my back in the process.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

sirch345 wrote:Sorry to hear of your mishap Mac, gutting.

I was amazed to see this, as I dropped my bike yesterday (Sunday) as well. My problem was I didn't give it enough when pulling away from a side turning on a step incline, so of course I conked her out. As much as I tried I couldn't hold her up, so had to accept defeat and hit the deck like a man. The fact the bike was already leaning over making the turn and the steering on a good left lock didn't help.

A rookie mistake, although I'm hardly a rookie, I've been riding this bike for 14yrs so should have known better :oops: I was having a cracking day out on the bike until then too.

The most annoying part was, I have had R&G crash bungs fitted for the last 4 or 5 years, I'd only taken them of recently as I wanted to try something out without them fitted.

I could do with a gear change pedal, I can't see that one straightening,

Chris.
Oops we have all done that. You jinxed yourself by removing the crash bungs. Is the body work all OK, not yours, the bike I mean. Though I'm please your allright.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:
sirch345 wrote: Oops we have all done that. You jinxed yourself by removing the crash bungs. Is the body work all OK, not yours, the bike I mean. Though I'm please your allright.

(:-})
Cheers Carl :thumbup: The lefthand side faring panel and my high level Scorpion cans link pipe got damaged (gravel rash to both), but I have repaired those now. You can only really see where the damage was if you look for it. It could have been a lot worse,

Chris.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Fur ken Hell ,

Just goes to show you that no matter how experienced you are , or think you are these things can happen.

If you had done a forward roll at the start you may have scored better.

Unfortunately I have experience with said manoeuvres and have been known to post the odd 9 much to my friends amusement.

Luckily not on the Storm though!

Get back on and ride mate, and most importantly, ENJOY! :thumbup:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

There's a fella on the US Superhawk site who does a really nice gearshift lever kit...his name is Jamie Dougherty. I had one off him for my first storm and it's a lovely piece of kit. I just PM' d him on his link for a price on another for my current Storm...his link is below...
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/me ... erty-2194/
Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh: