dreaded cct after 48hr ownership :-(

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Bleh

Re: dreaded cct after 48hr ownership :-(

Post by Bleh »

Is it within the warranty if work was carried out by an approved garage?
800 miles is shockingly low...
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

Yes was within warranty time frame of 12 months but suprisingly it only covers parts and not labour and will only cover the tensioners not the damage it causes when failure occurred.
Honda prices are shockingly high and been given a guestimate on honda doing the repairs this being over 1000 quid and I'm only entitled to a feeble £53.25 off the price due to the tensioner failure as only one tensioner failed ...
A little scary when they got your balls clamped in a vice . :crazy:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

but suprisingly it only covers parts and not labour and will only cover the tensioners not the damage it causes when failure occurred.
That don't surprise me. Honda are not stupid and realise there's an issue with the tensioners, not that they will admit it. So makes good business sense to only put a warranty on the tensioners. Play on peoples lack of knowledge and bullshit them! It don't make good moral sense though, but then how many large companies/corporations have good morals :roll: If they did, then they would have done something about it years ago and re-designed them rather than sticking a painted dot on them and calling them later tensioners that are good. The crazy thing is they will only go and fit the same style Honda tensioners, I doubt they would offer or even be prepared to do anything else as all they care about is the ££££s. Guarantee's/warranties are worthless. All they do is cover peoples insecurities until something goes tits up. :(

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A handy and timely response MM as another new member was just saying recently that he wanted to fit OEM CCTs to his newly acquired StormBeastie as he thought Honda was best and would look after him if they went wrong. Hopefully he'll have read this thread and will learn from your unfortunate and preventable experience.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

And the other interesting conversation with honda main dealer .
I asked how long it would take to get the replacement parts in.so I could plan the repair .
My response was " we will contact David silver spares" and see what stock he has before we send a request from the factory which could be upto 3 weeks for parts ...
still onwards and upwards :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And if David Silver are out of stock they order from their parts supplier, a Honda dealers in Holland. :lol: They had me waiting 3 weeks for carb diaphram springs while their parts arrived from Holland!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRMED

Post by VTRMED »

Hmmmm very sad but interesting story I shall be looking at my newly purchased OEM cct`s and wondering what to do? Although I did work with a certain Steve Martindale before He moved to Honda???
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTRMED wrote:Hmmmm very sad but interesting story I shall be looking at my newly purchased OEM cct`s and wondering what to do? Although I did work with a certain Steve Martindale before He moved to Honda???
The only wondering i would do is wether to stopper mod them or fit manuals :? , anything else is madness :crazy: . IMO :beer:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

monkeymatt wrote:Well a little update .
I removed the bent valves, guides and cct took them all to a honda main dealer and presented them with the invoice 800 miles ago .
I was told it's a common problem and there was nothing that they could do .After I spat my dummy our and a few calls later I was presented with a 300 gift voucher .
Well that's a lot better than I expected, not perfect, but a lot better than nothing :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRMED

Post by VTRMED »

Its got be stopper mod which I will do on new & old ccts keeping a set for when the so called definite future failure occurs?
Watty

Post by Watty »

so called definite future failure occurs?[/quote]
Well to put the SO CALLED definite failure into perspective, i've only been a forum member for little over a year and i've literally lost count of OEM cct failures. Each to their own though :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRMED

Post by VTRMED »

Any chance of some lottery numbers while your at it?
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTRMED wrote:Any chance of some lottery numbers while your at it?
2, 9, 22,31,41,48 :thumbup: ............................They last weeks :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRMED

Post by VTRMED »

Cheers Watty lol
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

monkeymatt wrote:Yes was within warranty time frame of 12 months but suprisingly it only covers parts and not labour and will only cover the tensioners not the damage it causes when failure occurred.
Honda prices are shockingly high and been given a guestimate on honda doing the repairs this being over 1000 quid and I'm only entitled to a feeble £53.25 off the price due to the tensioner failure as only one tensioner failed ...
A little scary when they got your balls clamped in a vice . :crazy:
if you can be bothered/want to pursue it further it might be worth checking it all out legally? there are laws regarding sale of goods and provision of services that their warranty/conditions cant operate outside of.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.