Cough, Splutter, Stall, Stop..............

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

Isn´t that Gotham?

"Göteborg" is the Swedish spelling, anyway.

Let´s see...
Roughly 2200 Km, means about 10-11 tank stops. unless you do 180 kph the entire time.

I drove 1100 km from Germany two weeks ago, I stopped for fuel about 6 times...

//Anders.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Ok back to the topic again!
Took the tank off, and checked the vacuum on the tap. I think I found my problem....... no fuel comes out when I suck, but flows freely when I blow. Yes, I'm sure the usual comments are on the way..... so.... what the hell is wrong with my tap?!?!?!? :twisted:
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

I tried to explain, there are TWO pipes that it is possible to attach the vacuum hose to.

One has a "one way valve" and the other doesn´t.

Go have a look.
The one that it SHOULD be connected to points the same way as the fuel line for the front carburetor.

GOGOGO!

//Anders.
RQ

Post by RQ »

I must be the greatest plonker that ever walked the earth............. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
UnderDOG you are the dogs baldrocks.... (that's a complement over here!!) The pipe was connected to the wrong part of the tap......woooo hoooooooo, I'm going off now to waste a back tyre!! Then tomorrow, I'm putting in a rear CCT (at least I did the front before!)
You have made a happy geezer on this side of the North Sea!
RQ.
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

Wait, you can´t be done already, I just scanned pictures from my Repair handbook to be able to explain better!

Dogs baldrocks, I learned from "51st state" that it´s the opposite of "baldrocks" and means GOOD right?

Have a nice ride!

//Anders.
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

BTW: What is a rear CCT?

//Anders.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Its a "Camchain Tensioner". Oh, the bain of every Storm owners life!! Well, I decided that with the tank off, I might as well continue and do the CCT last night. Job done and off screaming around the roads by 9.30, and in the pub at 11.00! Success..........
Thanks for the help UnderDOG, you just saved me borrowing a trailer, a tow bar, and spending a few quid on labour for a guy to tell me that I had connected the hoses wrong! Why did Honda manufacture a tap that had the intake and extract for the vacuum looking the exact same??????? Aaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh Who's bright idea was it to give me a bike!!! :roll:
RQ.
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

Well I guess that Honda isn´t allways the dogs baldrocks then....

Are you putting in a manual CCT?
How much are they?
What´s the mileage of your bike?

//Anders.
RQ

Post by RQ »

I put in the sprung CCT. There was much discussion over the last year or so about manual versus normal CCT's and there were questions raised over how often they needed to be tightened. There are pro's and con's to both, but I stuck with the Honda CCT.
I have 25000 miles done on mine, and I believe that this is the first replacement rear CCT. I replaced the front one at about 19000 I think.
The CCT cost me €65.00 from my local dealer. If you look back through the workshop section (if you haven't done already) and check out the CCT postings you will get an idea of what is involved. Let me know if you want more info on it.
Anders, sometimes Honda can be just plain baldrocks!!!
RQ.
AlexVTR

Post by AlexVTR »

Just want to say a big thanks to UnderDOG for your sound advice... I've been fumbling and cursing for a while and couldn't figure why the bugger wouldn't start... Until I read your post!
Kindda stupid from Honda to have too many spouts on the tap... I wonder what's the use. They shoud at least plug the unused... Even the shop manual was of no help (no proper diagram of the tap). Anyway. Thanks again and keep the rubber side down! :D

Alex
I'm not tailgating... I'm drafting!
UnderDOG

Post by UnderDOG »

np :-)
like I said, been there, done that... Had to figure it out myself though :-)

Happy riding!

//A.