2010 Operation storm ride out

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

jedi

Re: 2010 Operation storm ride out

Post by jedi »

Timbo wrote:Jedi,

I think everyone else has put it a lot better than i ever could, hope you now get where i was coming from? I really didnt mean to offend and would never want anyone to think they werent welcome on rides out etc, its a free country (ha!) and all can go and do what they want, its not up to me. All i wanted to know was are ex-stormers welcome? and they are, good :) Take your point on the title, and that was pretty accurate when the forum started but people move on in bikes, but rarely move on from this forum as the people here are so helpful and friendly.

Hopefully we can put this little misunderstanding behind us? because i think that is what it was.

Now, back to planning the ride out! where are you thinking of having it? I dont care where and will go wherever as 400 miles in a day is a little jolly when you have ridden anywhere with Silver Zipper :)
Yes mate lets put it behind us, as the beatles said LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

marravtr wrote:feck that lot took some reading!

group hug...... (in a non gay way)......(no offence to gays)

nuff said :biggrin
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that made me laugh my butt off (in a non gay way, no offence to gays)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

I like group hugs too, especially as it's all guys on this thread.

OMG what a slut!!!! :biggrin

Nx
' :@
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
jedi

Post by jedi »

Timbo wrote:
theflyingpig wrote:I like group hugs too, especially as it's all guys on this thread.

OMG what a slut!!!! :biggrin

Nx
' :@
Hey Norma, this is the age of free love is it not? I know i am about 40 years too late but when not being little b8stard, teenagers spend most of their time shagging, so its similar :)
I'm not a teenager and spend most of the time shagging. Yes get in there son :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

jedi wrote:
Hi tony, sorry about you breakdown you should off called me I would of come and got you at no charge my friend, we did have a good time it was the best ride out I have been on. I did try and ring you today.Take care mate :thumbup:
PM'd better number to get me on- mobile.

Thanks for offer, though it didn't break down, ran fine all the way home, rattled a lot is all :eek2
I didn't slow down, either. No point pampering the thing.

(I wouldn't have minded too much if it completely exploded, as that would have been a much better bargaining point with SWMBO about needing a new bike.....)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Just one more voice to reasure Jedi that he should stay............but no group hug ok?

This is a frendly Forum, and you have done a good job getting this ride out sorted, so I hope now the emotions have settled, we can look forward to your continued participation and enthusiasm.

PS. I still have my Storm, but as you can see from my signature, I sometimes [and looking at the weather , it may be starting now] ignore it and ride one of the other spanish toys.

PPS, do I qualify as an all year biker if I put the roadbikes away when the weather gets a bit iffy and then ride dirt bikes?
No I guess not, But I did do a 70 mile event on a trials bike in Jaunuary with frost on the roads and ice in all the sections, and there is no seat. That must count for some points?
AMcQ
chris1bev

Post by chris1bev »

I am definately up for this.....unless i have missed it but have you decided on were to and when yet? I live in Swindon and don't get to see many Storms so this Rideout would be nice!!
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

So the simple question is:

When and where?

I commute from Hampshire to the Midlands every week - on Stormy when I can too (I have to be a little cautious, I broke my back on a ZX7R 3 years ago, and it can get troublesome at times)

YES! a Kawasaki!!

I mod for the Redmonkey 7R forum, http://www.redmonkey.com/7r - and we've had some great rideouts! You can't expect everyone to be on 'Storms - even on "The Monkey" with 10 years of ZXR/ZX7 manufacture to call on, numbers are dwindling - but the love of the bike and common bond remains...

I just wanna know if I have the loudest Storm around... lol....

Pauline (my Burd) will hopefully have hers by Spring too!
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

chris1bev wrote:I am definately up for this.....unless i have missed it but have you decided on were to and when yet? I live in Swindon and don't get to see many Storms so this Rideout would be nice!!

hi there, well, i live in scotland, stranraer ( good for the boats) iv met tim and som others so as they say, where and when??? can kip in tims ( ) or in sheffield if need be...
ed
chris1bev

Post by chris1bev »

Ohhhhhh Cumbria sounds nice!! :D

Never ridden out that way before, hopefully it won't be in June as i'm in Orlando then!

Has the FireStorm Forum ever done a weekend into France...that would also be an idea!
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

cliveyandrews wrote:So the simple question is:

When and where?

I commute from Hampshire to the Midlands every week - on Stormy when I can too (I have to be a little cautious, I broke my back on a ZX7R 3 years ago, and it can get troublesome at times)

YES! a Kawasaki!!

I mod for the Redmonkey 7R forum, http://www.redmonkey.com/7r - and we've had some great rideouts! You can't expect everyone to be on 'Storms - even on "The Monkey" with 10 years of ZXR/ZX7 manufacture to call on, numbers are dwindling - but the love of the bike and common bond remains...

hi there, you say u got the loudest storm.....iv got a pair of devil pipes, and if its reved bloody noisey....

ed
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

blacknek wrote:
cliveyandrews wrote:So the simple question is:

When and where?

YES! a Kawasaki!!

hi there, you say u got the loudest storm.....iv got a pair of devil pipes, and if its reved bloody noisey....

ed
I don't have a 'storm now.........so would you all shut up about the V- twin exhaust note ,cos i miss it :( :cry: :lol:
Stevie
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

It's always in your blood. U never know if its destiny then another will come round the corner and you will have to buy it.... or see our group out and about and fall in love all over again.
jedi

Post by jedi »

Hi everyone, the question on everyone's lips seems to be when and where, the trouble is we need to be fair to everyone and I don't want to upset or leave anyone out. So we need to find somewhere central to everyone. It doesn't matter if you haven't got a storm you can be a lover of them or an X storm rider it doesn't matter what bike you ride. The last one we did was absolutely brilliant, so I think to find the fair spot where to meet would be to put down all who want to come, what part of the country they come from and we will try to work it out.Then we can decide when. Who's up for it? Just make a list, NAME then WHERE YOUR FROM