Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 23-26 May 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

frudd28

Re: Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 23-26 May 2014

Post by frudd28 »

Good to see you all again and thanks for arranging it had a good weekend :thumbup:
Back home, bike washed n oiled ready for next ride hope u all got home safe
See you again soon hopefully Scotland or Wales :D
budd

Post by budd »

thanks for a great weekend Phil, hope you got the tent down OK sorry I couldn't stay to help, it was great to meet everyone and I hope you all got home safe and sound. I've spent the day lounging on the sofa watching WSB (much to the wife’s displeasure: lol: )
edited so's not to reveal results for those who haven't seen the races :thumbup:

We're having lamb for tea which is sort of poetic justice after that suicidal sheep tried to kill me yesterday :eek2
Last edited by budd on Sun May 25, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
adyf

Post by adyf »

Loving the lamb for tea ,that made me chuckle,enjoyed riding with you mate ,was pleased when I saw your leathers infront of me tailgunning proggresive group ,hope to see you on a ride out around Yorkshire or another op storm.
budd

Post by budd »

adyf wrote:Loving the lamb for tea ,that made me chuckle,enjoyed riding with you mate ,was pleased when I saw your leathers infront of me tailgunning proggresive group ,hope to see you on a ride out around Yorkshire or another op storm.
It was great riding with you too Ady (and everyone else of course) it's been a good while since I was out for a decent ride hope to do it again real soon, I'll check the dates for Wales/Scotland and if I can make it I'd love to come along.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

got home safe, had rain for about half hour down A1, but then sun for the rest of the ride home to Essex. Thanks for a great meet again and seeing old and new faces, looking forward to the wales trip now.

Gabi let me know when you want those ccts.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks to all who went, a good crowd, and nice to meet a few that I hadn't met before.

Sorry for holding up the fast group; it turns out it was a split petcock diaphragm, and in order to keep petrol flowing I had to spend the entire weekend slowing down then accelerating- when slowing down there was enough vacuum to open the tap and fill the float bowls for another ten seconds of throttle open action.

Couldn't let the bike beat me, though, so I rode round it.

Ah well, it'll be fixed and running with the high comps, lumpy cams and a bit more power for the Wales run.

Flatty, you did us all proud, well done that man. :clap:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Glad to hear you sussed it Tony,was getting worried thought you had turned into a big jessy when I saw you shutting the throttle,oh no hang on you are a big jessy my bad.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

adyf wrote:Glad to hear you Sussex it Tony,was getting worried thought you had turned into a big messy when I saw you shutting the throttle,oh no hang on you are a big messy my bad.
As it's your birthday I'll let that one go :lol:
Money where your mouth is come Wales, though :beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Got a little bit of footage of the roads after Hawes (I think that's how it was spelt?)

Thought I'd share :thumbup: (Show you all the slice of heaven you missed out on!)

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Dunno why it's not full size within the youtube player though :(

Also, Warren and Tom thank Flatline for organising a good weekend and thank everyone else for making them feel welcome :thumbup: :D
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Had a blast really enjoyed it
Just wished my leg wouldn't acted up and spoil the day but really enjoyed the company hope to see you all again soon
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!