Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 24-26 May 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Flatline

FINAL INFORMATION UPDATE. (almost)

Post by Flatline »

Ooeeeeeeeeeeer! Just 2 days to go! here is some info/thoughts that may be of use to you

This is your ride out, ride at your own pace and enjoy the ride

As it's the weekend, and because of the area we are using, there is likely to be a big police presence

North Yorkshire Camera information: http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/10951

Cumbria Camera Information: Please note that as from June 1 2007 Cumbria Safety Cameras will not be publishing schedules for safety camera operations. :Richard: :Finger:

FRIDAY:

I shall be at Squires from 1pm at the latest, to put up tents etc

Most of you should have my number by now, let me know when you arrive

Fuel is in the nearby village of South Milford LS25 5AT

Food is served until 10pm

SATURDAY:

Breakfast is at 8am

Meals until 10pm

THE RIDE:

There will be plenty of opportunities to stop for fuel and food :thumbup:

We will be using the second rider marking system

There will be a lead rider and a last man (sweeper)

Currently it will be Adyf and Miztaziggy in the first group and myself and geodude in the second group

When the lead rider wishes to let everyone know which way to go, like a junction, he will point out where he wants the second man to stop

The rider who has stopped can let the other riders know which direction to follow

The rider who has stopped joins the group in front of the last man

So the third rider is now second

And so it goes on

This means that if you are a bit behind the others or maybe not as fast, don't worry, don't speed to catch up, someone will show you which way to go

1. Final Route: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B122 ... 8&t=m&z=10

2. Everyone will be given a copy of the route

3. Start time: I suggest we get off as soon as possible. As it's a Saturday, and bank holiday, starting early means we have less traffic until about 10 - 11am

Reminder of some things you may want to consider/bring/check:

a. insurance, mot, licence documents
b. tyre pressures/oil level
c. fill up when you arrive
d. tools, fuses
e. waterproofs
f. breakdown cover
g. getting bike home after an "off" or breakdown
h. sleeping bag

I reckon that's it for now

If you need any more info please send me a pm

Really looking forward to this :thumbup:
Flatline

Re: Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 24-26 May 2013

Post by Flatline »

Confirmed

Flatline................................Friday 12 Noon.......... .......... ........Local]
CKennedy ............................Saturday Morning
Grumpyfrog +1.......................Friday Evening..............................Tayside.............................Bringing a bike cam
Rob.....................................Friday Evening........ .....................Wolverhampton
Jonesey............................... Friday Evening..............................Essex
Geodude.............................. Saturday Morning...........................Darn Sarff
Miztaziggy & Sarah..................Saturday Morning...........................Local
AdyF................................... Friday.............................. ..........Local
Bazza...................................Friday.........................................Kent
Tony.mon.............................Friday.........................................Kent
Chric...................................Friday..........................................Barnsley
Seb421................................Friday..........................................Bolton
Tekram La............................Saturday.......................................Bury
Frudd28...............................Friday..........................................Blackpool
leelee plus 1.........................Saturday.......................................Warrington
Saintsman27.........................Saturday.......................................St Helens

Neil will be coming to Squires to socialize but is unable to make the ride
Tekram La

Post by Tekram La »

[quote="seb421"]

you would have to be going early mate they are leaving at 9am for the Ride out so you would have to be up there and ready for then

Can you not come on the friday evening think there is tent space, i'm going to get myself a small tent tomorrow so you could possibly use the space someone had set aside for me

Yeh it will be a bit of an early start, and really wish I could get there Friday night, just to much to do!! trade off for having the Sat off.
Thanks for the Idea tho on the tent space :thumbup:
Flatline

Tent space

Post by Flatline »

There should be plenty of space for everyone

No need to bring a tent unless you want to
playerone

Post by playerone »

looks like I may be able to make this one now but with weather forecast for fri dont know whether to travel up after work and risk a soaking or leave mega early on sat morning :?
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

FridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFriday
FridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFriday
Virt

Post by Virt »

Flatline wrote:FridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFriday
Sorry I didn't quite catch that. Saturday? :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

let me make myself perfectly clear...FRIDAY :lol: :lol: :lol:
playerone

Post by playerone »

200 miles from home 8O
neil

Post by neil »

Flatline wrote:
Neil will be coming to Squires to socialize but is unable to make the ride
Is there a dress code for this event that I'm socializing at? :D
redvtr
Flatline

Spare keys and alarm fob

Post by Flatline »

Might be worth bringing a spare key and alarm fob in your pocket just in case it's needed

Be a bit naff if the alarm fob doesn't work on a ride this far away from home :Oops:

Just a thought :Thinking:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

neil wrote: Is there a dress code for this event that I'm socializing at? :D
Little black cocktail dress will be fine :thumbup:

They work for any occasion :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flatline

Sunday morning ride out

Post by Flatline »

If there is any interest, we can do a ride out on the Sunday morning as well
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Put me down for 2 more on Sat ride flatty. My bro and his bird are coming (the same 2 im following in that video). They will probably ride in the front group.

Squires was packed tonight, I can't wait till the weekend now:

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Not sure this has been asked yet but is there a start time difference for the 2 different groups?