what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

this evening I put the freshly sprayed front wheel back on my friends bike. tomorrow i'll remove the rear wheel and prep it for the same treatment.
I should really do a few bits to my bike, but tbh nothing really needs doing. if the weathers nice i'll go for a little ride in the morning.... :Bike: :Bike: :Bike:
having sprayed the wheel, I then notice that his tyre is 8 and a half years old... :roll:
so that'll need changing, which also means there's every chance the fresh paint will get scratched to buggery :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

smashing job big man :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
redpig

Post by redpig »

You've done a bloody good job there agp, have you got the proper kit or just using hammerite like I probably would?
ook
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

redpig wrote:You've done a bloody good job there agp, have you got the proper kit or just using hammerite like I probably would?
i'm using basic tools, a knock off dremel rotary tool to remove paint and clean the wheel, some paint brush cleaning solvent to clean any greasy finger prints off, then a metal paint, of Spanish origin, never heard of the make before, i'm using that as a base coat, then a few coats of gloss black from another Spanish paint company I've never heard of before. sadly I haven't got any clear lacquer atm, but i'll get some in the near future to finish the job.
I've just removed the rear wheel, to paint it. now the rear wheels paint is better than the front, not so many flaky paint areas.
but it was one hell of a job to clean the wheel. my mate has a chain lube thingy on his bike, but I think it might be set to high, and too much lube is coming out, the lhs of the wheel had a really thick cover of grease/old lube on it. don't get me wrong his chain is really well lubed. makes mine look really dry in comparison.
but what a mess it's making. i'd hate to think what the inside of the front sprocket cover looks like :eek2
I want to clean it out. but iirc if I remove it, i'll have to bleed the clutch afterwards. or am I being dim?
I think his bikes in need of some tlc tho, the front tyres over 8yrs old and needs replacing, his rear brake disc has a rather thick lip/edge on both sides. so that must be near it's wear limit. my gauge is in the uk, so I can't check it atm. the worry is, the deeper I dig, the more issues i'll find.
maybe I should stop digging.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

just tie the clutch lever to the bar before you take the cover of and it wont need bled up again :thumbup: i had mine of yesterday and it works fine..
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

today i put the yellow tank on the new girl and had a wee spin up the road :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 only a wee spin but its running good and .it steers a fair bit faster than the other one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Just ordered a Private reg plate. to match the Car etc and the Wifes, very lucky yo get to soooo cheap and a perfect match.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Today I modded the ABBA stand Mac LOANED me to fit the frame so I could remove the swingarm arm etc and mess with the new rear sets I picked up from freeridenick.

Planning to give the rear (of the bike) a good clean once I'm off work as it's very dirty around front sprocket etc. Possibly even Polish the swingarm while it's out
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote:just tie the clutch lever to the bar before you take the cover of and it wont need bled up again :thumbup: i had mine of yesterday and it works fine..
cheers rob, it's been so long since I last did it, i'd forgotten :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
clean behind the front sprocket cover that is.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

the storm is mostly back together with the crinkle finish forks lightly sanded back to a smart matt crinkle finish :lol:
front brake pistons cleaned and new brembo pads fitted

carbon cans sanded back and new high temp lacquer, headers matt polished and also coated with high temp clear coat. black headlight surround.

new Ti bolts fitted to the calliper jointing and front axle pinch bolts, still waiting on the calliper mounting bolts to be made and delivered.

just need to get it warm for an oil and filter change and wait for the summer to come.

new pit bike getting a strip down and clean up. well impressed with the quality and adjustability of the suspension... and the way it spins up, it revs like a 2 stroke
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

made a start on my mates rear wheel today, rubbed it down, and sprayed a base coat on it, tomorrow it'll get a couple more coats of gloss black to match the front.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You're doing a good job with your mates wheels Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

agentpineapple wrote:made a start on my mates rear wheel today, rubbed it down, and sprayed a base coat on it,
Black over the top? But it looks sooo much like the original Honda graphite! The usual must know question: What colour code is that? It's the best I've seen as a match! If you could satin clear coat that, and it were my wheels, I'd be over da moon with the colour! Bloody nice job tho! :thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Looks like a job well done marty!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:made a start on my mates rear wheel today, rubbed it down, and sprayed a base coat on it,
Black over the top? But it looks sooo much like the original Honda graphite! The usual must know question: What colour code is that? It's the best I've seen as a match! If you could satin clear coat that, and it were my wheels, I'd be over da moon with the colour! Bloody nice job tho! :thumbup:
sadly it's no match gbm, as its a very dull matte black, the camera flash makes it look like a satin grey, sorry buddy.
if your still interested in getting some, I will take some pictures of the can, as its from spain, bought in a Spanish version of b and q.
it really sprays on well.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!