what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Nothing to a bike as I don't have one here but I did change the track rod ends on the car :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Nothing to a bike as I don't have one here but I did change the track rod ends on the car :-)
i hoped you counted the number of turns for the tracking!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:Yep that's what I done. I thought that was the whole point e being for electronic or do I dare say it explorer ie internet only.
Interesting it's back up and running again.

In the beginning eBike were the best deal going for bike insurance price-wise IMHO. I put that down to cutting down on admin charges for one, as you did all the donkey work entering all your own details online, plus it was something new and wanted to get it's business off the ground for two, meaning they kept profit to a minimum was my guess. I also liked the excellent modification options list they had available. The only thing I disliked was the premium rate charge if you needed to phone them. You could also go online and add a second bike or alter your own policy details yourself if you wanted.

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:
lloydie wrote:Nothing to a bike as I don't have one here but I did change the track rod ends on the car :-)
i hoped you counted the number of turns for the tracking!
Yep 17 in total :-) be a fun drive to work if I got it wrong !
bo440guitar

Post by bo440guitar »

finally plucked up the courage to change my auto ccts to ades manual ones, following eveyones advice on here. i dont consider myself good on the tools but just plodded through the excellent guides and advice on here.i must say that i found the hardest part putting the tank back on with all the short hoses in hindsight i should of emptied it first. But after about 6 hours the job was done and started up running great with no rattles of looseness or overtight whinning. the only mistake i made was on starting up as i had not refitted the 2 round case covers so got sprayed on the leg with oil :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good work, and a first post too :thumbup:

welcome
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done matey. The feeling of riding a bike without a time bomb attached makes it a much nicer ride! :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I was going to go for a nosey at the track day at the Anglesey circuit as it would of been heaving today with all the racers getting their bikes sorted for the Wirral 100 clubs "The Grand" this weekend.

Heavy drizzle put an end to that idea , so I fiddled with the carbs again :lol:

Carbs off stock mains in, washers removed from stock needles & free flow RamAir filter back in.

Fitted the Ducati long/short trumpets.

bo440guitar

Post by bo440guitar »

:thumbup: thanks
AMCQ46 wrote:good work, and a first post too :thumbup:

welcome
bo440guitar

Post by bo440guitar »

:thumbup: thanks
Kev L wrote:Well done matey. The feeling of riding a bike without a time bomb attached makes it a much nicer ride! :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Changed the front exhaust header ring and managed to break a stud tightening it back up :x
Got it out no problems, temporary (permanent :D ) bolt fitted :thumbup:

Checked the bike out as its soon to be my only form of transport :thumbup:
Glad I bought new winter gloves last weekend !!!

Greased the chain :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Changed Wall.J's front calipers, bleed through with fresh fluid.

He spun his bobbins whilst I changed over the caliper joining bolts as he wanted to keep his bling allen head ones...

Vanstub turned up & hindered things with unhelpful comments & making shite tea & nicking me smokes as he forgot his & ate most of the biscuits that Wall J brought along...Cheeky feker... :wink:

OH to be fair he did repair a bit of me step/laminate flooring thing that Wall J snapped off with his clumsy clod hoppers so we'll let him off... :Woohoo:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Got depressed bashing away at my rusty KTM exhaust. Why oh why did they make it out of chrome plated steel? Tempted to just cut the thing off and get a new one but my wallet is quivering at the thought. Giving up for today and getting pissed tonight....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Changed the battery for a Motobatt - nice easy job so I feel I can have plenty of beer watching the footy having "done" something.....

Looked at fitting my manual CCTs, hmmm, job for a long, sunny day so roll on 2017.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well this weekend.
Took the bike down to the caravan this weekend. Big bro came down on his (new to him) K1300S Saturday. so we headed off up through Cheddar Gorge and around the mendips for a few hours. It's a big beast but silky smooth and oodles of power. I like it more than I thought I would :thumbup:
Just home now, another few hundred extra miles on the bike and a big smile still on my face.
Didn't think about CCT's even once :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal