what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by KermitLeFrog »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Today I ran my bike out of petrol. Fortunately it was at the top of a hill and a petrol station was 200m down the road.

RLOD 103 miles. Cough cough 122 miles. Totaly empty, engine dead 123 miles. Filled the tank to the brim, bike upright 15.44 litres. WTF?
More data from today.

RLOD 104 miles. Got to a petrol station, still running @ 121.5 miles. Sat on the bike to fill it up to the brim (instead of just holding it upright). 16.88 litres..... I really must be more careful.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Kev L wrote:
Shauned71 wrote:I replaced it :Woohoo1:

Looks nice mate. What made you replace it?
Sorry, It was late and I was tired when I posted so was a bit vague...

I replaced this......

with this......

The old bike is looking a bit tired now plus needs mot, tyres and a few bits. Also I will soon need all the panels back off it as they belong to what will be one of this years winter projects of mine. The red one, besides the stopper mod wants for nothing so bought it to see me through to next spring/first completed project... which ever comes first and then I will sell it on.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Moved 'em all out of the cave just to give me room to tidy up the cave a bit...stripped & cleaned a calliper but a Vanstub stopped play so only did one...spent the PM mainly sitting in the sun drinking tea.

Oh we had an erection...

Tried out me new to me tent I bought off Cheeky Kevs mate...Super easy to pop up...mint condition easy to put down...if your an octopus...hahaha

Sunday Best, Commuter hack, Work in progress, Why not it was cheap... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:Moved 'em all out of the cave just to give me room to tidy up the cave a bit...stripped & cleaned a calliper but a Vanstub stopped play so only did one...spent the PM mainly sitting in the sun drinking tea.

Oh we had an erection...

Tried out me new to me tent I bought off Cheeky Kevs mate...Super easy to pop up...mint condition easy to put down...if your an octopus...hahaha

Sunday Best, Commuter hack, Work in progress, Why not it was cheap... :lol: :lol:
Obviously that list starts furthest away :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ride out at 0630 still wet but dried up soon. Got back at 12. Great ride, met my mate on his VTR. sounded great but had to stop for fuel early on :D dinner at the beach etc and ride back home.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I put fuel in mine, actually got out and rode it down to Monmouth the up to the Forest of Dean and then home to Gloucester. ATB
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Moved 'em all out of the cave just to give me room to tidy up the cave a bit...stripped & cleaned a calliper but a Vanstub stopped play so only did one...spent the PM mainly sitting in the sun drinking tea.

Oh we had an erection...

Obviously that list starts furthest away :thumbup:
Yeah right...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

went out, well the other night i did with my mate steve who called. and he said oh look iv traded the storm in :eek2 . oh bastad i said. so of we went for a blast, a real good blast and changed bikes halfway round... OMG..... he just got a 09 tuono factory :eek2 :eek2 . brakes,engine,handling amazing i have to say....then i jumped back on my old storm.......yeah still love the old girl....
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I took my VTR 1000 out this morning for a ride. I also wiped the dust off her just for good measure. I love early Sunday morning rides the best. It is the perfect time when the drunks are sleeping it off, the church people are just putting the coffee on and the businesses are still closed. I have the roads pretty much to myself. This morning, just as the sun was coming up it was only in the high 90s the the ride was not unbearably warm. I rode up to Sherman via the old Ida road. For North Texas it is rather hilly, curvy and interesting to the Superhawk. The only flaw is the bike tends to idle a bit faster once warm but not all the time.

I have not been getting much chance to ride and i haven't ridden the VTR in maybe a month but it was really was great to get it out. It's just a fantastic bike.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote:went out, well the other night i did with my mate steve who called. and he said oh look iv traded the storm in :eek2 . oh bastad i said. so of we went for a blast, a real good blast and changed bikes halfway round... OMG..... he just got a 09 tuono factory :eek2 :eek2 . brakes,engine,handling amazing i have to say....then i jumped back on my old storm.......yeah still love the old girl....

I had a go on CKs std Gen1 Tuono and although it was clearly more powerful and had better brakes than the Storm, I could still go faster on my own bike and when I gave it back I knew which bike I would rather have.
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fitted a Gel comfort seat, old tw@ to what :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

just took it out for a trial blast after having new fork seals and a quick lick of paint done on the forks
only thing I could not find was the torque setting for the handle bar clamp.
I have a Haynes manual and looked in the service manual on here but could not find the setting
anyone got a clue?
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

bazzashadow wrote:just took it out for a trial blast after having new fork seals and a quick lick of paint done on the forks
I have a Haynes manual and looked in the service manual on here but could not find the setting
anyone got a clue?
Can't find it in the VTR service manual, but my VFR800 uses the same fastener size and bar material and the manual specifies 26 N-m for that.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

Cadbury64 wrote:
bazzashadow wrote:just took it out for a trial blast after having new fork seals and a quick lick of paint done on the forks
anyone got a clue?
Can't find it in the VTR service manual, but my VFR800 uses the same fastener size and bar material and the manual specifies 26 N-m for that.

in the Haynes it does say 27nm for the xl but nothing for the firestorm so I did go 27nm which is one of what you have said cadbury :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:went out, well the other night i did with my mate steve who called. and he said oh look iv traded the storm in :eek2 . oh bastad i said. so of we went for a blast, a real good blast and changed bikes halfway round... OMG..... he just got a 09 tuono factory :eek2 :eek2 . brakes,engine,handling amazing i have to say....then i jumped back on my old storm.......yeah still love the old girl....

I had a go on CKs std Gen1 Tuono and although it was clearly more powerful and had better brakes than the Storm, I could still go faster on my own bike and when I gave it back I knew which bike I would rather have.
much the same. it was sharper, revved harder stopped better handled better but in a twitchy nervous type of way. as if at any min you could end up in a hedge. i was glad to get back onto the storm i have to say..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: