what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Fitted rogered forks and CBR front brakes of CountryMick's old Storm and, you guessed it, took it for a short test ride which turned into a fairly long thrash. Noticable difference in both departments. So much so the back end now feels even more rubbish. Bloody back tyre still breaking away though.

Can't decide if that's a bad thing or a good thing. It's nothing drastic but it slows me down a bit. But it's only happening in 2nd gear corners under accelleration so it's probably not slowing me down where it would have much effect. Got Mick's Nitron shock to fit next and I'll see if that makes a difference to the rear tyre.

Anyone want to buy an immaculate red Storm (with standard suspension and brakes)?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it back from Devon...841 miles for the weekend...would have done more on Sat but weather closed in & out paid to the trip over Dartmoor...Sunday got cut short as the bloody golf course was shut...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

busy day with carlos
fixed loads of issues, but trying to find the coolant leak was a real pita, ended up taking all the hoses off from the centre of the engine. replaced the expansion tank with a spare. ran it up to temp with more coolant. seems ok atm, i'll have to keep my eye o it.
thanks again carlos..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

So is she all back together ship shape and banana looking Marty? :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fitted a new chain & sprockets to Custard...

Whilst off cleaned all the crap off the sprocket cover, behind & around the F/sprocket, swingarm, footrest & sprocket carrier. Damm chain lube makes a mess...

Re bled the front brakes trying to cure a bit of sponginess...

May have a slow puncture, couldn't fined anything obvious sticking in but did pull a couple of sharp bits of stone out...no bubbles on the spit test... :confused

However tyre is a bit squared off what with the nigh on 6k commuting miles in the past few months so I'll keep me eye on the pressure & the wear mark & prob get them changed soon...

Oh & opened a box this morn with these goodies...

Adjustable Radial M/C & CBR900 calipers...Mmmm nice...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Mac :thumbup:

I fitted new front brake pads recently, removed the calipers from the forklegs and pumped the pistons out so I could clean them off and re-grease them again. I only serviced the calipers not that long ago with new seals etc, so I knew none of the pistons would be sticking, I just wanted to clean the dirt and grit off before pushing the pistons back in.

Taking the bike for a ride with the new pads I couldn't believe how much better the braking was, and that's before I have even bed the new pads in. One finger braking no problem, standard Nissin pads too :D

Chris.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Just a little tinkering today prepping for Armoy in a fortnight! Repositioning brake/clutch and gear change levers, replaced a headlight bulb and a bit of general OCD bullshit :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:So is she all back together ship shape and banana looking Marty? :thumbup:
not quite pete, still need to get a couple of panels rerpayed and order another oem decal. then she'll be as good as new, other than an ever so slightly bent n/s fork tube... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:
Pete.L wrote:So is she all back together ship shape and banana looking Marty? :thumbup:
not quite pete, still need to get a couple of panels rerpayed and order another oem decal. then she'll be as good as new, other than an ever so slightly bent n/s fork tube... :(
Motoliner in Maidstone...

http://www.motoliner.com/

http://www.motoliner.com/motorcycle-for ... tening.php
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

+1 on motoliner they have performed miracles on a few bikes front ends for me saved/made me a few bob compared to buying new :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yup, motoliner dd my wheels, they do a good job and are about 500yds from my sister in law, so I get her to drop them off and collect :)
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

Watty wrote:Just a little tinkering today prepping for Armoy in a fortnight! Repositioning brake/clutch and gear change levers, replaced a headlight bulb and a bit of general OCD bullshit :lol:
Don't even thing of coming over here unless you bring good weather
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Watty

Post by Watty »

We not coming if you don't sort the weather for us :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Yesterday I stripped off the fairings and the top yoke, milled out and removed the lock and got the new yoke fitted to measure for new hoses. I'll get those ordered while I'm away for a couple of days, might even get to fit at the weekend :)
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

The weekend fitted the new Electrex series RR, thought it was a dud so dad took it home to try it on his CBF.

All was fine so the stator was to blame. Initial checks show resistance was within tolerance, but running it showed one phase running a higher voltage than the other two.

So new stator was fitted after the bike cooled, dad bought the RR back and refitted, all runs fins now so should have no more failures.

New Stator

Imageupload photos

Spot the odd one out competition

Imagephoto uploader

Imageuploading pictures

price will be a used stator, one careful owner :)