CCT Cam Chain Tensioner Problem Fixed !!!!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Well,

The news is the new Cam Chain Tensioners I got from Honda two days ago are the same as the old ones, couldn't find any difference with a 1997 one.

Finally made a pair of modified tensioners and provided it's not too busy tonight then I'm going to fit them tomorrow in me VTR and see how it goes. Not that anything could go wrong.

Del.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Finished and installed. Have made a set for Wayne too, I'll be fitting them tomorrow evening.

If anybody is interested in a set then mail me at delmeekc@ntlworld.com

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Have you run them well yet (track day).........

how were they.......

I'm prolly up for a set, but wont worry until after the bike has it's 20k service, (in a month or 2).

How much to buy & fit...(you'll be fitting).....
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Well, that teo sets tested today at the Calafornia Superbike School. Had to do all the sessions bar the last one only using 3rd and 4th and I took the bike to the rev limiter allday in every-gear (cos I'm mad and wanted to test em as hard as I could) which is set at 9,600 on my bike. Couldn't use the brake either so was at 9,600 them shut the throttle. Nothin went pop nor did either set leak any oil, which is good. Down the straight I revved it till it limited then changed gear.

Mine are staying in and never having a normal set in again.

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Sounds good to me.........

as i said before, when it needs another big service, i'll book it in with you......
welshy

Post by welshy »

How much then Del?
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

I did the CBSB day with Del and I agree he is totally mad!

I got him to put a set of his CCT's in my bike too. I spent all day in 3rd on my bike with out using the brakes (just throttle control) up and down between 7k and 3k (@ Druids!). I checked the trip and it showed 75 miles!

So if you really want to do yourself a favour then get Del to put these darlings in your bike!

Cheers
Wayne
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Going for the commision then????? :wink:
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Thats a good point! 10% on everthing Del alright?!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Ooh ok, then I'll be makin em at a loss too.

Del.
sirch345
Site Admin

CCTs

Post by sirch345 »

Aright Del how much. Also is this something you can just fit, or will it be exchange tensioners ?
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

£200, see your PM

Del.
ex-viffer

Re: cct

Post by ex-viffer »

W@zzA wrote:I've only changed the front one so far! Mines a 97 and the old one on the rear has a pink dot. I'll have a look but I think I slung the old one.

Warren.
So wot's the story then? I've read the posts on dot colour / which CCT it is, and I'm none the wiser. Are they all crap? FWIW, my VTR's a 97, and it recently had one CCT, camchain, and 2 valves replaced by the previous owner, after the chain jumped some teeth on the cam sprocket. Dunno which one was replaced (presumably front), but the front one is a purplish coloured dot, and the back one is a faded white 'n green, if I remember correctly (drug-addled brane and all...
So should I quit my VTR and go back to gear-driven cams (VFR)? I've had 6 Hondas now, and 4 of them had fooked camchains. The other 2 were a 2-smoke and the VFR. I HATE them rattling camchains. You'd think Mr Honda would've got it right by now....
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I think they are all poo. and the colour dot is just a batch marking thing as there are no other marks on them. 03 ones the same as 97 just a different colour dot.

Del.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Are you saying that the new ones don't have a heavier-duty spring and the non-returning ratchet thingo?

So Del - wot's the mod that you do to the CCTs, or is it a secret? If my CCTs are going to fail, I'd like to make sure the Fahrtsturm doesn't lose any more valves, so your mod looks like the way to go.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.