Inverness...........why not?

General Biker Banter
kevg

Post by kevg »

Gettin fed up with this applying for a job shite, been trying since before i finished my degree in may last year. applied for a job in the falkland islands last week, thats how bad it's getting, lol.
cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

kevg wrote:Gettin fed up with this applying for a job shite, been trying since before i finished my degree in may last year. applied for a job in the falkland islands last week, thats how bad it's getting, lol.
My wee mate was stationed there for 6 months....hope you like penguins
Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

penguins and argies, they are surveying off the coast with a repainted warship apparently. about to kick off again, lol.

nah don't think i'll get that job, another one to add to the list, applying for about three a week for the past year, had 5 interviews in the last 6 weeks and thats been it, gettin pretty pissed off now, over qualified for a trainee position and under qualified for anything more senior, stuck in the middle.

just need to keep applying and see what happenms.
cheerz

kev
thumper

Post by thumper »

hi folks

is there another thread for the inverness meet you guys are chatting aboots.
just been trying to get a b&b booked near the body of the club

any idea how many are going ?

is there a poll?

whos going from where?

is there mini meets on the way up there?

anything planned when there ?

run outs ?

bands?

setting car alarms off ? oops ,kidding :D

any information mucho apreciated :D
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Non of the above Thumper,

Just ends up being a huge drinking session ending up with Paul (rainmaker) being thrown into the loch by Kaz.

Huge fun!! get your self there :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
thumper

Post by thumper »

it seems a shame you folks are going to make the effort to go to lovely inverness and are not going to have a ride out :cry:

i would do the route perhaps 60 or 70 miles ,what do you think folks :?
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

dont you worry my son , we WILL be doing a rideout :twisted:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

kevg wrote:Gettin fed up with this applying for a job shite, been trying since before i finished my degree in may last year. applied for a job in the falkland islands last week, thats how bad it's getting, lol.
Kev, theres a work related e-mail heading your way
Rich.

thumper

Post by thumper »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:sorry thumper... we will be doing a ride out hun.. just not sure as to where at the mo.
we did a route in the car last year which I thought would have been pretty canny on the bike.. up to Nairn, then a roundabout way to Grangetown on Spey and down by the side of the Cairngorms.

We also went up on the bikes the year before and went to John O groats, and I have the pic under the signpost to prove it ! lol
thats a great road i am up for that :lol:
tattie

Post by tattie »

I'll be there as well as it is only 30 miles south for me I will probably be there (pub) on Fri night as well.
As for a run on the sat/sun the loop down Loch Ness side, Invermoriston, Dornie, Lochcarron, Garve, Strathpeffer, Dingwall, Inverness is good or Ullpool and back is also not too bad.
Mind you if an over exuberant night is spent in the pub on fri/sat night a run the next day is not always the best idea.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
thumper

Post by thumper »

really looking forward to seeing you all in may , i got the b&b across the roads booked :P

i am sleeping top to toe with rainmaker the lady said and any more hairy arsed bikers that come along ,lol :D
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

I'll be there too. Prob give tattie a shout and join him on the ride through to Inverness. Ullapool's always a good run, brilliant road!
I'm sure i'll be able to drag myself to the pub too! :)
Cheers,
Dave.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Top to toe eh..........best wash feet this month then :lol:
it may be clever, but its not big.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Inverness . . . . . . . . Why not ?

Tell ya why not ! Those Arseholes in the Scottish parliament have now made it law that you cannot smoke in any public building, pubs,etc,
I am going to have to cancel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
fiddler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
kevg

Post by kevg »

been plenty of ads on the tv and radio the past few month about this, as a non smoker it doesn't bother me one way or another, but to wake up in the morning and still smell of smoke from the night before is pretty manky, a good few of my friends smoke and they do it responsibly, they don't light up when we are all eating and respect other people by thier actions.

with the budget putting more money on fags again and this ban which will be nationwide soon i guess the government is finally trying to eliminate a habit which for most people is more or less unnessessary, no one needs to smoke, its just a habit they picked up and can't give up, i know peoples freedom is being undermined by telling them what to do, but if they hadn't started in the first place and the national health service was more efficient and didn't have to be overloaded with cancer and lung complaint patients due to smoking then everything would be rosey.

for a cigarette company that is raking in millions from smokers this is going to be a big hit in their pocket, so i'd imagine they will be trying to do anything in their power to keep smokers smoking.

nothing makes me more mad than seeing kids hanging about outside schools smoking, they aren't old enough to know what they are doing, as an adult you are supposed to be responsible enough to take stock of your own actions, but kids need to be nurtured and taught right from wrong, and not follow fads and fashions, be free thinking enough to make thier own minds up.

i don't really know what i'm trying to say here, just a rant, you can't tell people not to do something, that just makes a minority want to do it all the more, this subject and the subject of peoples freedom to do what they want is a huge can of worms, what are they going to tell us we can't do next, drink alcohol, which falls into the same catagory as smoking, its unessessary, but plenty of people do it and enjoy it, just there are some that do it to excess, and fill hospital beds as a consequence, everyone is different, and have different tolerance levels, some smoke, some drink, some do both, but to tell them they can't is wrong.
cheerz

kev