Y124p yellow paint

General Bike chat
fabiostar

Re: Y124p yellow paint

Post by fabiostar »

john306 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:when i checked my code it turned out wrong because the bodywork had been changed in the past..is yours the paler yellow or the darker earlier colour?
That's the thing wether it's been painted before or not, I'd say no as there seems no overspray on the inside of the panels but I'm not 100 percent sure.
It's the darker earlier colour yellow on mine.
excuse me while i throw myself of the curb here, i got them the wrong way round lol.

carry on........... :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote:
excuse me while i throw myself of the curb here, i got them the wrong way round lol.

Look on the brightside you wont have far to fall...being so short 'an all...hehehehe
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
john306

Post by john306 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Do you not have a local mixing place that could colour match?

Bear in mind though that with age, bleaching and weather conditions the colour over 18 years will have changed significantly and you will never get a close match but a "that will do" match.
I've just spent an hour+ at a paint mixers, he did some test spray cards and the colour of the y124p rattle can changed a hell of a lot depending on how many coats we put on, he said even though the computer said grey primer, he recommends white primer as it's easier to cover and therefore get less coats on of topcoat if needed.
1 good yellow coat over white wasn't that far away (still noticeable) when viewed outside, but under florescent lights indoors looked miles away, much to light.
3 yellow coats over white wasn't that far away (still noticeable) under florescent lights, but outside looked more orange.
I give up. :eek2
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:

Look on the brightside you wont have far to fall...being so short 'an all...hehehehe
its like skydiving for me :mrgreen:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Maybe it was mixed wrong

Try a can from here, I've used them a fair bit and always good colour matching.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-Y124P-Y ... ZpD9IVDICg

The only other way round it would be to respray the whole fairings.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

When they mix up paint they don't measure by ml or volume they actually measure by weight. That's why if you have say a litre specially made it is never a litre. They will mix as close to the litre as possible so could only end up with 850ml
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
john306

Post by john306 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Maybe it was mixed wrong

Try a can from here, I've used them a fair bit and always good colour matching.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-Y124P-Y ... ZpD9IVDICg

The only other way round it would be to respray the whole fairings.
I dropped in a spraying shop and for £70 he (also biker) reckons he can get close.
That link is £18 for 1 and I'd say 2 would be required plus a white primer so I may as well go with getting it professionally sprayed.
I don't want to do the whole lot as the rest is very good paintwork, add to that the cost :eek2
john306

Post by john306 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:When they mix up paint they don't measure by ml or volume they actually measure by weight. That's why if you have say a litre specially made it is never a litre. They will mix as close to the litre as possible so could only end up with 850ml
I only found that yesterday at Halfords, and again today at the paint shop when I saw them doing just that.