Plans for the winter?

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Plans for the winter?

Post by VTRDark »

is excessive noise the main symptom ?
And heat as the packing absorbs heat. Are you getting bit of packing fly out the ends of the cans yet :lol:

I plan on getting mine road legal so I can ride it and then I plan on trying to keep it from rusting. Poxy UK weather. Maybe there is some alien technology that can help me. :roll: No, there's no help for me I'm beyond that. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Set of manual CCTs to fit - that's all she needs (apart from a total respray in any colour other than teal which I've gone right off)

Swap the battery for a Motobatt (this afternoon before the England game hopefully)
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mav617 wrote:Set of manual CCTs to fit - that's all she needs (apart from a total respray in any colour other than teal which I've gone right off)

Swap the battery for a Motobatt (this afternoon before the England game hopefully)
Oh yeah Mav I did pose the question to my neighbour about a colour swap...after he finished rolling around on the floor laughing he said no thanks...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The list is sooooo long I don't klnow where to start... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

I dunno. I started on my carbon fiber parts with another order of carbon. Looking big time into fitting an sp2 engine and swingarm. 130hp baseline and fi are the reasons. I want to fit a titanium seat frame and carbon tail. its in the works bought an induction heater just to bond the titanium.
New rear wheel and tire. dont like taking off sideways. looks cool buy police might not like it.
Then again bike was suposed to be cleaned last week...
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Got a new set of clothes for mine, but will only go on if I can afford a respray,
as theyre Purple at the moment :D

But they were cheap :thumbup:
RedStormJ

jacked

Post by RedStormJ »

Carl there isnt enough steel on the bike to rust much time to swap to titanium and aluminum. If its real bad carbon fiber. Im making a buck up for my tail id ship it to ya when im done if it fits then you got no steel :). I hate rust
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your bike and all this carbon. Should be something special. It's all the silly little things that rust. Nuts and bolts the little metal anti rattle plates in the brake callipers etc. Even the little bolts for my brake reservoir cap which I replaced with stainless bolts are now starting to look a bit tatty. Cheap stainless and not marine grade I guess. :( But so many little bits looks like one big bit :lol: Amazing how these makes things look so tatty. My rear subframe has the usual bits starting to appear where the brake reservoir is and the frame showing. I need to replace this one day anyway as it's slightly out of shape where the bike took a drop. Not much but it's a niggle. One day I will get around to replacing all the nuts and bolts with TI as this seems to be the only thing that's doesn't rust. The bike lives outside so gets a hard time with the weather.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv just prepped the 600 divvie for winter. new front tyre. oil and filters, bodywork removed and a can of GT85 sprayed over the bike and shes ready to go. £300 bike two years ago and its still going strong. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have added more jobs to my list of things I wont get round to this winter.

1) change fork oil to 10wt as I had the adjusters fully in and it was only just getting past the "controlled return" on rebound
2) do the Carbon Cans like Carl fif with a rubdown and new hig temp clear coat to get them all glossy.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I've got loads to do before I even get to the Storm which needs new tyres, brake pads and headstock bearings. I was planning on using the KTM over the winter. I have a new exhaust and various bits and pieces coming from Austria. The stock exhaust is SS and not chromed steel as I thought. It took a lot of heat to get the Akrapovic can off and the KTM SS underneath was as rotten as a very rotten thing.

The Akrapovic ti muffler was unmarked, it looked like new. Quality shines though I guess.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ian, can you get a quieter carpet, that ones giving me headaches!
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:Ian, can you get a quieter carpet, that ones giving me headaches!
It's just those funny smelling cigarettes wot made me do it...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Ian, can you get a quieter carpet, that ones giving me headaches!
It's just those funny smelling cigarettes wot made me do it...

oh yes I need to add those to my winter project list too :D
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Stage one complete. Rear shocker fitted. Now all I have to do is find time to ride it and get the front done
Probably sometime after I recover from Ian's carpet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal