Number plate light not working (LED tail unit)- Any advice?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Number plate light not working (LED tail unit)- Any advi

Post by VTRDark »

I've had this happen on the non LED original tail light. The little dome half moon shaped bits come off on the inside of the lens. I had to remove the lens and glue them back on. Why Honda could not make them one piece is stupid.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Mike TW9 wrote:So Tony kindly sorted me with a new rear light at Grainstorm. In the meantime I've pretty much confirmed that a lack of no. plate light was never going to fail me an MOT anyway. However, my lovely new super bling smoked black LED rear light with integral indicators just could! Apparently it depends on whether the amber flashing is additional to the red light on each side or replaces half of it when you indicate, which is what this does. But not a problem at all, I can easily temporarily disable it if required.
I'm not sure why this would have any impact on the MOT? There's nothing saying the brake, running light and indicators have to be separate, just that they work. So long as your brake light comes on and is brighter than your running light you're fine IMHO.
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

The guy I spoke to suggested that if half the brake/rear light goes out when you indicate, it's "interfering" with the light & could therefore be grounds for failure, but he also hinted that a friendly MOT man would get round this.
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

I suppose it could be interpreted that way aye, and I've had some testers that probably would! Luckily I now use a bloke who is brilliant and still thorough. Hopefully you'll be fine, or just rig a bypass

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk